DD did her first back tuck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
My little one did her first RO BHS BT today on her own! She is still technically a level 4, (level 5 starts May 1st,) but she set her mind to it and is so lucky to have a coach that has confidence in her. We were all very excited, especially her big sister, who you can hear shouting as she videotapes!

Ryan's first back tuck! - YouTube

Awesome! She sounds like one determined kid. Ro-bhs-back tucks usually don't look that nice when they're first learned. Hope she continues to have a fun and productive season of uptraining fun!

I will pass your compliments along! @ Coach Molly- I always *try* to leave the coaching to the coaches, but when DD expressed an interest in doing this skill, I explained to her the importance of "lift and rotation" IN THAT ORDER. I had her stand on an ottoman and do some "sets" just jumping upward and using her arm for lift as I supported her from behind. After a few of those I told her when to add the tuck. All in all, I would say I spent a maximum of 10 minutes spotting some sets, but reinforced the order of operations whenever she mentioned anything about tumbling. (FYI- I do have a background in the sport.) I let her coach know what I had said and done. I think that, coupled with her NEVER having backyard access to a trampoline, (with the exception of one visit to a friends who had one,) , and the fact that she trusts her coach implicitly, made it very easy to learn properly the first time around.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back