Parents Confusing skills

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

Flip4funmom

Proud Parent
Reaction score
I'll start this by saying I completely trust coach, I am simply curious.

My son is planning to compete T&T level 4 ( we compete in Jan) but has started training level 5 for a potential mid season move.

While chatting with coach it was mentioned that he as well as a few others has begun confusing skills during training. Is this common? My son, nor coach seem bothered by it but I was just surprised how 'normal' he made it seem.

Does it happen with twisting skills? (Sorry I have no idea about your levels) My son did have a period of skill confusion with half out when learning rudi out. So he started twisting when he was not supposed to. It does happen quite often , especially with fast paced kids, but if it happens to a lot of gymnasts at the same time I would be a bit concerned I guess.

Jack Kelly has written a book Over and Above in which he also describes various forms of what he calls temporary skill confusion. Link Removed
This article is about barani / front somersault confusion. http://www.brentwoodtc.org/lost_move_1.htm

I’m not sure what you mean? The L4/5 skills aren’t very confusing in T&T.. does the coach mean confusing the old/new routines since they are changing this year?

I’m not sure what you mean? The L4/5 skills aren’t very confusing in T&T.. does the coach mean confusing the old/new routines since they are changing this year?

That might be what he means. It seems to make more sense.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

The Best Of All Time: Layout Jaeger

UPDATE: The Liukin Club

Back