NCAA College Gymnastics & NIL $

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

josie55

Proud Parent
Another musing (clearly I am looking for distractions today.)

People love to talk about the impact of NIL on college sports, including gymnastics, but I don't understand what this truly means. I know there are outliers like Olivia Dunne and olympians, but putting those situations aside, what does this mean for everyone else? Are gymnasts really making money in college and if so, how much money? Is there truly potential for more money in certain programs versus others? If so, what are those schools are what, specifically are we talking about? I kind of can't imagine it being more than something like $50 for an instagram post, but perhaps I'm wrong.

I know that Utah worked out those car lease deals for their gymnasts. That's pretty big. Any other big deals like those? I see some schools have pages on their sites to contact athletes for deals, but I'm curious if these gymnasts are making real money this way. And I hear about how LSU can have a big team, and how scholarships almost don't even matter anymore due to the NIL money they can offer because of state laws, but do we have evidence that this is happening, or is it just talk? What about the transfer portal? I know that in sports like football and basketball (male) athletes are getting huge amounts of money there, but I assume that in gymnastics that is not happening, but I actually have no idea.

Anyone have any insights here? Are there parents of college gymnasts on this page who can speak to this?

For most athletes outside of football the NIL money is via social media or related to their social media reach, that is why Olivia Dunne stands out even though she isn't a top collegiate gymnast.

1714767209768.png

1714767599585.png

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back