Anon Xcel Platinum to diamond??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

A

Anonymous (d549)

Would you let your 10 year old move from platinum to diamond? She will be turn 11 at the start of the competition season. She has floor, beam, and vault skills for diamond. I’m not sure what is needed for diamond bars but she might have to work a little bit depending on what is needed. Would you push for her to repeat platinum due to her age? Would there be any be advantages to competing diamond verses platinum? Her platinum season started out with lower scores but she worked hard and ended the season with a 36 all around.

I would say no rush if shes just doing the sport for fun, unless she has bigger goals (10, elite, or college)

A common xcel diamond bars routine I have seen is

Kip, cast, clear hip, kip, squat on, kip, cast, clear hip (or giants), tuck/layout flyaway

My daughter is 10 and she is going to repeat platinum this year...I see no reason to rush to diamond, here she is still almost always in the youngest age group. Depending on how she feels after this season, she may move back to DP or go to Diamond, but there is such a range of skills at Platinum that its a great level to spend a couple years at.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News