Parents OMG... tonight I did a stride circle, back hip circle and front hip circle

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
Reaction score
on the bars:) Yes you read this right... I did them... Not my girls..... My legs are killing me but I made them all..
Took 4 attempts to make my front hip circle and then I did three of them:)
took 1 attempt before I made my stride circle but then I made like 4 of them and I did a ton of back hip circles... My abs feel fine but my thighs from trying to do a kip are killing me, lol......

:eek: :applause:

you are so brave. wow! i could never do that.

My hero! LOL, that is amazing! I think from just watching the girls in the gym make my thighs hurt:p Feel better!

Great job girl, by next year you'll have that whole bar routine down for the challnge!!!

Hope you can walk tomorrow.:D

WOW! I am impressed! I think you should set your sights higher for the next Chalkbucket Challenge.. I think L6 Bar routine! Clear hips and Baby giants!

lol... yes I think so level 6 bars here I come... I just have to get out there and practice and I think I can get my kips back, lol...
Oh my shoulders are killing me this morning and so is my neck.
Oh and I do have the other issue in that when you have something altered surgically from having them completely depleted from children if you know what I mean... can you really feel them when trying to do a glide in the kip, lol...

We had a 38 year old mom of a couple of L4s compete as a L5 or L6 yesterday. It was our home meet, but I had left already from my work assignment. I would have loved to see her. I think she medaled! Isn't that amazing? Maybe you can compete next year? :D

That is so awesome - sounds fun - now we all fully expect you to hit handstand out of your clear hip in the level 6 routine :D

HOLY SCHMOLLY! Good for you! But sending you some *cyber* Motrin for "the day after"

Wow Melissa -- you're brave!

Just be careful. When little girls fall... they bounce. When us "grown ups" fall -- it hurts!

That is so awesome. I was not awesome at bars as a gymnast, but now as a coach I love to play on them in my off time. I have a 2 year old and got back to doing skills that it had been years. My Front Handspring, Punch fonts, pull overs, backhip circle and I even made my stride circle a couple times, cartwheels on the beam , I was close to my front hip circle. But I am pregnant again so no bars for me right now. Darn it. But I'm happy about the pregnancy.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

The Best Of All Time: Layout Jaeger

UPDATE: The Liukin Club

Back