Parents Cait's 3rd Level 7 meet - For Love or Money

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I

iggy1988

Cait had her 3rd Level 7 meet yesterday in Indianapolis. It was a very well run meet and we enjoyed our time there, but enough about that... Onto the meet

Olympic order which Cait likes:

Vault - she is still taking a step or two on her landing but she is pretty consistent with her vault - 9.200 (3rd place)

Bars - started off fairly well, jumped to high bar and, in her words, didn't have a great grip, stopped her routine and had to recast... - 8.800 (6th place)

Beam - no falls, but wobbles and wobbles - fought hard to stay on - 8.925 (5th place)

Floor - She sparkled, she shined. Awesome floor routine.. - 9.600 :starry-eyed:(2nd, ?? what?? place) She thought for sure she had won. 1st place was 9.625. Out of the entire session, she had the 2nd highest score but the girl happened to be in her age group... :(

Overal score of 36.525 (4th overall)

Season summary

1st meet 36.050 (1st place AA)
2nd meet 36.275 (2nd place AA)
3rd meet 36.525 (4th place AA)

Her score go up, her place goes down... Cait realizes now that each meet, as we get closer to states, has better and better competition. 3 more meets before states..

Her goal is to hit all four events and see where that puts her. Our guess is somewhere in the 37's when that happens....

We have this weekend off and then on the road for three straight weekends....

Team finished 2nd. Best showing so far for them. They were excited to pile on the podium...

Thanks,

Sean

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW Cait. Good job! That is a crazy high floor score for 2nd place!!!!!

Thanks by the way for those fairies that you sent free of charge. They helped a lot!:p

WOW Cait. Good job! That is a crazy high floor score for 2nd place!!!!!

Thanks by the way for those fairies that you sent free of charge. They helped a lot!:p

I think my wife agreed on the free, so thank her...:D:D

Sean

Great results and how you can get a floor score like that and get 2nd, gulp!!!! Are you sure you don't live in Texas???

It sounds like there is some great competition in your area, better to find out now than later. Cait has some great results to be very proud of.

Wow, it's hard to believe she was second with a score like that! It sounds like Cait had a great meet. Her scores just keep going up and up. I'm sure that she is going to have a meet soon where she hits all events. Three straight meets - wow that will be tough! Good luck to Cait!

Sounds like she had an awesome meet! Enjoy the weekend off before the insane 3 in a row!

Awesome meet for her! She can't worry about places--you never know what your competition will look like--just keep on improving those routines!

Way to go Cait! That sure is an awesome floor score! I'm sure she'll hit all 4 next time!

Awesome job on that floor routine!!! Way to go Cait! The other scores are nothing to sneeze at either, that is a great all around! Congrats on another great meet! Woohoo!!! Good luck at the next meet :)

Cait bombed bars compared to how she usually does. Then, to not be as strong on beam as she often is was hard for her, too; I could see the disappointment on her face (although she fought hard to stay on and did). There were few smiles from her after bars and painfully few after beam. Obviously, though, she dug deep, thought "big," and completely sparkled on floor! I loved seeing her dig deep like that and fight to the end! I'm so proud of her . . . And, seeing her excitement after the routine and then after the scores was awesome!

Woohoo Cait!!! Sending her some hit all 4 events for her next meet! She really is doing amazing as a level 7. 3 meets on the road? Yikes. I won't complain about our 3 in a row that were in town I guess. ;)

Cait bombed bars compared to how she usually does. Then, to not be as strong on beam as she often is was hard for her, too; I could see the disappointment on her face (although she fought hard to stay on and did). There were few smiles from her after bars and painfully few after beam. Obviously, though, she dug deep, thought "big," and completely sparkled on floor! I loved seeing her dig deep like that and fight to the end! I'm so proud of her . . . And, seeing her excitement after the routine and then after the scores was awesome!

A true competitor!!! Being able to get past difficult events and shine is a HUGE skill! :D Way to go Cait!!

What is most important here is that the fighter in her came out when it was time for floor. She could not change or control what had already happened on beam and bars...but she could control what happened on the last event. The choice was to let her disappointment rule or focus all the energy on giving it 110% on floor. She nailed it! :) (Reminds me of you-know-who- last year (my dd) after the very disappointing beam fall at states...went on to win floor!) Same mentality! I am very proud of Cait! This was a huge meet and she did awesome!!!! Way to go!!! More good things to come, for sure!!!

I totally agree, Kimmy4! :) And, there are many more good things to come for your champ of a dd, too! ;)

I'm glad to hear that you thought the For Love or Money meet was a well run meet. My dd goes to the gym that hosted it!! What session was Cait in? I worked a few shifts on the optionals side, so maybe I got to see her up close without knowing it. :)

We were in the last session on Sunday in the money gym. Did you work that session?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back