who will be on the womens 2012 OLYMPIC TEAM?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

WAY too early to tell with what little I know. A lot can happen in a year and a half.

I think there's a core group of about 12-15 that Marta is looking at. After Worlds we'll have a better idea who is one of the top contenders for the O team. In 2012, it will only be 5 to a team, so even more pressure.

Really early to tell but I hope Rebecca Bross. She's my favorite gymnast ever. I just hope she stays healthy. If she adds a few new skills she can without a doubt be the 2012 Olympic champion.

Russia.

Komova
Grishina
Mustafina
________
________

Russia has 3 of the most 'ALL AROUND' gymnasts in the last decade, I'd say. Mustafina and Komova have already proven they have no 'true' weak event. (One can argue Musty's beam.) Grishina has the best execution in the world, and, by 2012 I suspect her to look like Mustafina, except 100X cleaner. There are 2 spots left for whoever needs to fill the blank. (Probably 1 for vault, and 1 for floor.)

Bross, at this point, has little shot of winning 2012. She needs to upgrade her vault, and, with her current vault I don't see this happening. At this rate Bross will be lucky to even medal at next year's worlds, with Komova and Wieber turning senior, along with Musty and Tan Sixin. 2009 was Bross's chance, and she blew it.

Once again you reply to my comment with no actual reply. Proving that you probably can't think of a good one.

you make it difficult to reply when you find no redeeming qualities in someone's gymnastics and you don't like american gymnastics. but maybe i missed something.:)

you make it difficult to reply when you find no redeeming qualities in someone's gymnastics and you don't like american gymnastics. but maybe i missed something.:)

Exactly which gymnast do I give no redeeming qualities too, because I find both good, and bad in gymnasts. I am, unlike you, able to look past even my favorite gymnasts and know their faults.

I assuming you're talking about Bross. Shame that I actually like Bross:

Excellent excellent leaps, beautiful handstands on bars, huge bars dismount, fearless, very solid floor.

And, I have my favorites and least favorites from every country. It's difficult to talk negative about gymnasts from, ie, Russia, when they are rarely mentioned here.

IE)

I absolutely detest Nabieva's gymnastics with a passion. Mustafina's twisting isn't also very not nice to watch.

Please, name a gymnast and I'll happily name the good, and bad, traits they have. I think the real problem here is that you may like the Americans too much, not me not liking them enough. I enjoy the Americans, and I was cheering for them ALL through 2004-2009. Exactly how I hate a nation I was cheering for for 5 years is beyond me...

I will, however, be honest with the fact that many Americans fans are not very well educated in terms of the American gymnast's weak points. Devout fans know them, but general fans do not.

Awww
Nabieva is great - yes very inconsistent, but so stunning when she hits!

And the diva quality - exciting and i love her!!

So - you didnt say negative about sidorova - what do you think of her? lol x

Exactly which gymnast do I give no redeeming qualities too, because I find both good, and bad in gymnasts. I am, unlike you, able to look past even my favorite gymnasts and know their faults.

I assuming you're talking about Bross. Shame that I actually like Bross:

Excellent excellent leaps, beautiful handstands on bars, huge bars dismount, fearless, very solid floor.

And, I have my favorites and least favorites from every country. It's difficult to talk negative about gymnasts from, ie, Russia, when they are rarely mentioned here.

IE)

I absolutely detest Nabieva's gymnastics with a passion. Mustafina's twisting isn't also very not nice to watch.

Please, name a gymnast and I'll happily name the good, and bad, traits they have. I think the real problem here is that you may like the Americans too much, not me not liking them enough. I enjoy the Americans, and I was cheering for them ALL through 2004-2009. Exactly how I hate a nation I was cheering for for 5 years is beyond me...

I will, however, be honest with the fact that many Americans fans are not very well educated in terms of the American gymnast's weak points. Devout fans know them, but general fans do not.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Awww
Nabieva is great - yes very inconsistent, but so stunning when she hits!

And the diva quality - exciting and i love her!!

So - you didnt say negative about sidorova - what do you think of her? lol x

Meh, I wouldn't call her anything near stunning. Her release is obviously inspiring to watch. But, her vault is a disaster. Her bars are okay. If she was smart she'd drop floor and beam and just work these 2 events to get them extremely consistent and clean.

I do love her personality too, she's very funny and interesting to watch.

I'm holding off complete opinion on Sidorova. She has solid potential, but she still has the 'junior unpolished look' if you know what I mean. If she can really professionalize her gymnasts in the coming years I'll probably like her well enough.

I'm not a huge fan of her tumbling though. Her legs cross a bit too much in her twisting, and I'm not a fan of her full in pike. Still, I actually enjoy her dance well enough, and she's got potential well enough.

Still, I'm holding out my complete opinion until I see her in a couple years.

someone that is more computer literate than i will have to inform me what the above means.:)

It's troll-speak for 'ummm ok'

Generally reserved for situations where they have no idea what in the heck was just posted.

...or are pretending they don't.

Basically an invitation to clarify whatever is in the quoted post because they are (or are pretending to be?) confused. The important thing to note here is that they don't actually just ask for clarification, because not doing so saves face somehow in their world.

It is a recurring theme from Ccmm, the passive aggressive not asking questions approach. I guess the best cure is nothing at all.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back