Parents Gymnast height (for you ingymmom)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ingymmom asked me how tall Rayna is. She's at school, so my most recent measurement is from the wall marking made January 1/08. She's almost 46 inches. So far we haven't come across a shorter 9 year old, although some have been fairly close.

How tall are the other gymmies on the board?

Canadian Gym Mom

too cute - she is so little... she has a build like my little one, which just makes her look even younger lol.

my gymmie is 6 yrs and almost 43". We have a little one in dd's gym that will turn 9 in March - she is about 47" :D

She really is so cute. Being small makes her seem younger and she tumbles so well.

My little one is 5 1/2 years old and is 42" tall as of 12/07.

Hey at least you have some idea, LOL, I have no clue how tall my DD is! Wow, your DD is nine? I was wondering after seeing her video...she is a very good tumbler. I don't dare show my DD or she might get some ideas. Maybe tonight... after practice... I let her watch.

My DD was the youngest on the team, but not the smallest. We had a 7 yr old that was soooo tiny the GK Child's small competition leo was even too big for her. Had to special order an X-small for her. She just moved up to L5 so I guess my DD gets the small spot now.

My daughter will be six on Sunday and she is just at 42". I know this because we're getting ready for a spring trip to Disney and I had to see if she was tall enough to ride anything---which thankfully, she will get to ride some of the cool rides. Neat thread! She is terribly disappointed though, because she wants a pair of Heelies for her birthday and her foot is not quite long enough. The smallest size we've found is a 13, and she is just now in size 11 shoes. I told her to just hang on and her foot will eventually grow!

la gym mom

La gym mom,
My daughter's a size 12, so I guess Heelies are out here too! Have fun at Disney.

Blackie6,
Rayna's got the title for smallest AND youngest on her team, this year anyways. Here you have to be 9 to compete in the provincial stream.

Ingymmom, and Mariposamama,
I agree, she looks very young for her age, and it makes it look more impressive than it is:) She's actually a lot more mature than most kids here age, even moreso than my soon to be 11 year old. I think the training has made her more focussed.
Oh, and thank you for the compliment on her tumbling. Hard to believe that 2 years ago she could only do self-taught walkovers and cartwheels! (cute, but not pretty!)

My daughter will be six on Sunday and she is just at 42". I know this because we're getting ready for a spring trip to Disney and I had to see if she was tall enough to ride anything---which thankfully, she will get to ride some of the cool rides. Neat thread! She is terribly disappointed though, because she wants a pair of Heelies for her birthday and her foot is not quite long enough. The smallest size we've found is a 13, and she is just now in size 11 shoes. I told her to just hang on and her foot will eventually grow!

la gym mom

how funny. we just were doing her height in december to check if she was big enough for a local place that has rides. and she wants heelies so bad, too, and i am thrilled that she doesn't fit in them. she is a size 10 right now. am hoping her feet grow slow. i do not want her to have heelies. for some reason they bug me. so at least for now i can get away with not letting her get them. LOL

I just had a look at my old measurements when I was a kid. I was 47 inches tall at the age of 9 and probably one of the smallest 9 year olds around at the time. Kids are even taller now so at 46 inches she must be tiny.

la gym mom

We went to disney is Dec & dd was bummed because she was limited to so many rides... on their measurements she just hit the 42" mark w/shoes on:D - she was disappointed she could not go on Rock n roller coaster, but did end up LOVING the Tower of Terror - her absolute favorite though was Test track at Epcot - have fun at disney!

my dd is 7 and 46 inches. mostly leg !!! Only 42lbs.

have fun @ disney - we go all the time. If you are staying @ a Disney resort - find out about extended hours at each park for guests who are staying in a Disney resort. Each park will have extended hours on different days. About 2hours before closing of the park those folks who are staying at a Disney resort can go get a bracelet (they have lines set up). Then after the park officially closes - those w/ bracelets can ride and hang out for another 2-3 hours (they also open an hour early for resort guests - some - again you have to find out which ones have the extended hours on which day). No bracelet, no ride.

We found it great to schedule which park we went to on which day by the one that had extended hours. We even went back to the resort to swim for a while in the middle of the day because we knew we had extra time at night when it would not be quite as busy.

how funny. we just were doing her height in december to check if she was big enough for a local place that has rides. and she wants heelies so bad, too, and i am thrilled that she doesn't fit in them. she is a size 10 right now. am hoping her feet grow slow. i do not want her to have heelies. for some reason they bug me. so at least for now i can get away with not letting her get them. LOL

I completely understand where you're coming from! My daughter's friend got a pair for her birthday and ever since then, it's all she can talk about. I did find a pair online yesterday in a size 12, but I don't know (even though they run small), if they will fit her or not. When my boys first got their heelys, we had a few crashes. I do think they are a bit dangerous---I really think kids should wear helmets with these shoes, but most that I see rolling around with them on don't have a helmet on.

Thanks for all the well wishes for our upcoming trip! We're really excited about it.

gymmomntc2e6, I had read about the extended hours on some website, so we will be taking advantage of those extra hours! We are staying at the All-Star Movies resort. Anyone ever stay there before? We wanted the sports resort, but these were all booked up, so we took the movies resort. I think it will be okay. It's not like we'll be spending a lot of time in the room anyway. Again, thanks for the well wishes and advice!

la gym mom

Thanks for all the well wishes for our upcoming trip! We're really excited about it.

gymmomntc2e6, I had read about the extended hours on some website, so we will be taking advantage of those extra hours! We are staying at the All-Star Movies resort. Anyone ever stay there before? We wanted the sports resort, but these were all booked up, so we took the movies resort. I think it will be okay. It's not like we'll be spending a lot of time in the room anyway. Again, thanks for the well wishes and advice!

la gym mom

We went to Disney for my son's football team last dec (ended up 2nd in the country in their division wahooo!) ... Pop Warner week at an all star resort was a nightmare in all honesty - we stayed one night at movies (very clean/nice newer rooms) & then a week at the Sport.. but that was cheerleaders, dancers and angry football players everywhere lol... I am sure it is nicer w/out all of the riff raff. Everything was very convenient which was nice - the rooms are VERY dinky so just be prepared and all should be just fine. We did all of the late after hours - no early hours and it really was a memorable time. We only had 4 day park hopper + the extras and we got a chance to see just about everything. Epcot was a favorite for the whole fam. Be prepared to wait in line to see characters - make sure you pick up the times schedule when you get into a park if they don't offer them at the hotel (ours did not) - they will save you tons of time character hunting lol;)

*** oh, make sure to purchase a couple of the drink cups at the food court - you will save a fortune on drinks. I think it was 14.99 & the refills are free at the hotel ... we are coffee drinkers & w/no coffee maker in the rooms this was a must:D - we ended up w/ 5 cups which was such a waste IMO, but everyone HAD to have one lol.... buy 2 and purchase plastic cups to save a couple of bucks - btw you can bring them back everytime you visit lol:p

have fun @ diz

Wow! My daughter is soooooo much taller than everyone else on her! She's 6 and is 48" tall. But, she does not seem that much taller than other 6-year-olds on her team. She will be tall, though, and that will be a challenge for her as her gymnastics progresses. I do hope it won't mean that she can't do gymnastics at all because of it though.

Wow! My daughter is soooooo much taller than everyone else on her! She's 6 and is 48" tall. But, she does not seem that much taller than other 6-year-olds on her team. She will be tall, though, and that will be a challenge for her as her gymnastics progresses. I do hope it won't mean that she can't do gymnastics at all because of it though.

At this point (and I hear about many "taller" gymnasts remaining successful at this sport later on in life) her height will be such an advantage & will really add to her confidence - especially on bars and vault... + My dd would say she is soooooooo lucky to because she could ride MOST of the fun rides at disney lol:p

Ok I fell like I am raising an amazon. DD is 4 and she is 45 inches tall. She totally doesn't look like a 4 year old. We went to Disney and they only thing she couldn't ride was Rockn Roller coaster. Yes we are bad parents we let her ride Everest, Test Track, Mission Space (tame side). She is a wild one and is willing to do most things. I have to say DD is only .5 inches shorter than her 6 year old brother. DD is the youngest on Pre-team but she is pretty far back in the line up. I would say at least 5 are in front of her.

OK, I measured DD cause I was curious...this thread is too funny. She offically measures 46 inches and will be 7 on Friday. I am not that tall, about 5 ft 4 inches and dad is not really tall either so I am thinking she will not be a shrimp, but not an amazon either, LOL

OK, I measured DD cause I was curious...this thread is too funny. She offically measures 46 inches and will be 7 on Friday. I am not that tall, about 5 ft 4 inches and dad is not really tall either so I am thinking she will not be a shrimp, but not an amazon either, LOL

Funny - we are almost the same. as I said in earlier post dd is 7 and 46" too. I am 5'3"

I have the giant of the group - but she is also 12. My DD is the shortest on her Optionals team at about 4 ft 9 Inches.

To the mom who says her daughter is so tall. We have a gymnast on our team that is 5ft 8 1/2 inches. She looks great on floor! those long legs!

Another couple Disney Tips - Start at the back of the parks first thing in the morning. Then work your way toward the front. Make sure you go to Fantasmic at MGM - It is one of the best shows out there!

Finally, try to get some rest. We have been there a couple times. Once we went 5 days straight. I came home with Strep throat and my family was exhausted for a week!

Another couple Disney Tips - Start at the back of the parks first thing in the morning. Then work your way toward the front. Make sure you go to Fantasmic at MGM - It is one of the best shows out there!

Finally, try to get some rest. We have been there a couple times. Once we went 5 days straight. I came home with Strep throat and my family was exhausted for a week!

Hey---starting at the back is a great idea--I had not thought of that. I have kind of worked up a "schedule" to go by, and in the middle of the week, we're going to have a sleep in day and then do a little something at Disney Quest and then maybe just swim at the resort. Hopefully this will help keep us from becoming too exhausted.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back