Funny Things People who don't do gym have said?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

:)

I have another one.
Okay, so my bff's boyfriend saw a picture of me doing a handstand on facebook. So a few days after I posted it he was like "How can you do a handstand??" And I was like, "It is not hard at all you just need to try it." And after that he called me buff for doing a HANDSTAND! It was really funny then I asked my bff if it was hard and she isn't even in gymnastics and she agreed with me.

My friend Alex (again) asked why I put flour on my hands. And I was like do you mean chalk? And she kept insisting that it was flour! It was really funny

I was hurdling in track yesterday and someone asked me "Are you a gymnast? You run like one! It looks like you're about to jump onto a springboard!"

same they say like o so do you do the high bar and stuff and I am like no I do beam and vault. they say which ones are those , I explain and they so o doesn't it get scary up there on the vault.

I don't know if this counts but my dd (age 6, L3) just competed her first meet ever last month.

During the meet I was pointing out dd's scores on the big screen to my husband and he seemed confused. I didn't get what he didn't understand. So I explained what I thought was obvious...FX, BB, UB, VT.....seemed hubby thought those were the judges initials!!!!

LOL

Okay, so you may not think this is funny, but I really try hard not to laugh when someone asks: "Do you like gymnastics?"
Probably there are a lot of girls out there doing gymnastics for their parents or something, but they don't know me if they think I would do something so hard if I didn't like it (besides I'm a guy, there's always psychological pressure, :) )

I LOVE this thread!

I had to make a montage for school about something I "LOVED" So of course I choice gym :)
After the video was over I showed them some dowel grips and a boy goes.. MAN! Doesn't it hurt when they strap you to the bar with those things?!

Another one, I told my friend that I split the beam at gymnastics.. and shes like OMG! Did you have to buy a new one???

One more... My grandma was looking in my closet and goes, Jaide...You really shouldn't be wearing that little sexy body suit out in public! Dont you think it would make you look like a hooker?! Im just...Grandma, Its a leo, i wear it to gymnastics!

ahhh hahaha. everyones stories are hilarious. "you got a perfect 9!" lol!

every night my dad asks me:
"soooo...how was your day today? did you learn any new skills on the poles?"
"DAD FOR THE 100th time ITS THE BARS NOT POLES"
"oh right right, so how were your tkatchevs on vault today"
"DAD, tkatchevs are on bars, not on vault! do you mean yurchencos??"
"yea yea those"

its SO embarrasing to take him to meets when he asks my teammates all those questions, but i love my dad to death. he always makes me laugh because he has no clue what he's talking about.
:)

my friends at school were like, "Oh ya i saw stick it yesterday! and they did those flips in the box!"
"uhhh.... um i think your talking about floor???"
"yea whatever same thing"

haha love them!

This made my night!!

This is what happened at my new school:
Friend- So I saw one of your gymnastics vidoes!!! What level are you?
Me- Prov.2 (which is like 5/6)
Friend- Ohhh... I thought you were like level twenty..
Me- There's only 5 levels.
Friend- OHHH MYYY GAWSSH! DID YOU HEAR THAT? SHE'S LEVEL TWOOO! OUT! OF! 5!
Me- You guys, I'm not really THAT good...
Friend- Stop being modest! GUYS SHE'S GOING TO THEEE OLYMPICS!!!
Me- *sighs*

I thought of another one!! So it was before one of my competitions, and I was putting my grips into my competition bag, from my grip bag... and my brother goes..

Bro- "WOW! Dont you wash those things!!??"
Me- "No, your not supposed..The "dust" all over them is chalk, its supposed to be there!"
Bro- "You should still was them! There disgusting!"

It was SO funny... I guess they could look really dirty with chalk and blood all over them, but hey...There not grips without blood! and of course chalk!! :D

I always get the wow! so are you going to the olympics! and another thing, gymnastics isn't huge in australia so my friend goes oh i know someone who does gymnastics her names ....... do you know her? i replied with i have a friend who plays basketball maybe you know here, it took her a while to get it :p

Thought I'd share 'cause I find this thread funny.- So, I was talking to a friend of mine saying that I need to go to the store to get my daughter some stuff for gymnastics camp and she says" Don't forget mosquito repelent. There are huge bugs at camp." I said " It's just gymnastics camp." And she's like" I know, but when they are out in the woods flipping and stuff they could get bit." I could not stop laughing to tell her that they use a gymand it's not that kind of camp.

I was at a school dance, and the guys came up to me:
Guys: So you can do a back flip, right?
Me: Yes, I can do a BACK TUCK.
Guys: Can you do two in a row?
Me: Yup.
Guys: DOOOOO ITTTTT!
Me: No way!
Guys: Why? :/
Me: Cause I'm wearing a skirt on a marble floor filled with people...
Guys: So?
Me: *sighs*

My daughter went to casulty with her gymnastics coach, after a small accident during training. The doctor then asked my dd if she plays gymnastics, need not mention her coach was not impressed with this and said 'no we do not play gymnastics we train gymnastics'. The doctor did not mention gymnastics again to them.

Dad- So how was your...um... THINGY on the uh, beam>
Me- Dad, I do many things on the beam...
Dad- Your... BACK HANDOVER WALK!
Me- Daddy, you mean my back walkovers and back handsprings!

We were discussing heights in PDR class.
"I'm 4'11".
Then my best friend jumped in & said this:
"Oh, she has an excuse for being short; she's a gymnast". Then everyone nods their head and goes "Ohhhhh". I must say that was quite insulting!

This thread is cute.

In addition to gym, my 9 yo plays volleyball. The older sister of a vball teammate is a gymnast who recntly quit competing due to injury and now coaches some at the gym. At the volleyball game the other night, she pointed out to my dd that, "you can tell you're a gymnast cause even when you serve the ball your toes are pointed." My dd's response was, "you can tell you're a gymnast too, cause no one else would have noticed." I laughed at both of them.

I was having a gymnastics conversation with one of my non-gymnast friends and she was saying how she thought the hardest thing on bars was "the thing where you go around the bar". I said "You mean a giant, where you stay in a handstand shape and go all the way around the bar?" And she was like "No, where just your legs go over the bar." "A pullover?" "Yeah! That's what it's called!" It was all I could do not to burst out laughing. Yeah, a pullover's super hard!

Okay we have a new girl in our year who is a chronic liar, claimed she won worlds for sailing - if you won worlds why are you not training for the olympics? was my first question in my mind, but she also said that she got to level 6 in gymnastics but had to quit due to a dislocated hip and I asked her what kind of skills she did in her routines and she goes oh just the usual stuff like backwards round off, I just was like you clearly aren't a gymnast if you call something a backwards round off

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back