Parents This Is The Parent Forum

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Can everyone remember that this is the parent forum, a place for only parents to share. There have been quite a few coaches posting here, from a coaching perspective. Of course if you are both, then post away, but try to do it as a parent, not as a coach, we know you can do it.;)

If parents want coaching advice they should post in one of the many other forums for that. If coaches want to comment, they should mirror the topic elsewhere.

When parents are talking and a coach puts in their thoughts, It changes the tone of the thread. We love you dearly, but this is not your chat.:D:D:D

Hehe, I assume this is directed at me, among others.

You're absolutely right. My apologies.

This will be my final reply in the parents' section.

Hehe, I assume this is directed at me, among others.

You're absolutely right. My apologies.

This will be my final reply in the parents' section.

My goodness, if you learn that quickly GT, you will make some lucky person the perfect husband. One pointed comment and you change, WOW:D:D. Seriously though, you are only one of many culprits!!! We love you, but just not here!:p

Many of the parents on here have said they loving having the coaches input and idea, well the coaches find the same thing. It is wonderful to get the idea's and feelings of the parents out in the open. parents are one of the most importnat people we deal with, they choose our service, they pay the fee's they get their kids to and from training and competition, they support them through the tough times and celebrate with them the achievements. You are wonderful and we love to learn from what you have to say and apply back to our own teams and kids parents.

I for one rarely check what forum a message is in, just click on new posts and read those posts that are of interest to me, so if there is any posting in innaproiate topics I apologise and I am sure many of the other coaches are the same.

But I think it is wonderful that parents and coaches can work together and share opnions here which is something that doesn't always happen so openly and freely in the gym. We coaches thank you parents for this opportunity to share your insights.

Aussie,

Yes, you are totally right. Your, and all the coaches input is loved and needed. But when JBS started these separate three forums coaches,parents and gymnasts, he began them so that each group could have it's own place to share and discuss there own issues without the other groups joining in. JBS began this because there were past issues with parents/coaches answering each other's posts.

There are tons of categories to post under if a parent or coach want input from the other for.

I won't give examples because there are just so many, but threads change when a different perspective is put in from another group.

This is not meant to stop discourse of any kind, merely to remind those of you newer to the site, that JBS designed it this way to give each group their own special forum. You can all still share away in the other forums.

Bogwopit is correct. This is the parent forum. When creating this board I was very interested in seeing the varying views of different groups within a gym.

If you are a coach and a parent, please speak as if you are a parent when posting in the parent forum.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back