Gymnastics Poems!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

And here's some more.

Men do not fail; they give up trying.Elihu Root

The big secret in life is that there is no big secret. Whatever your goal, you can get there if you're willing to work. Oprah Winfrey

Although we cannot do everything at once, we can do something at once. Unknown

Anything I've ever done that ultimately was worthwhile initially scared me to death. Betty Bender

Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it. Unknown

An error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it. Orlando A. Battista

In great attempts it is glorious even to fail. Cassius

Moving fast is not the same as going somewhere. Robert Anthony

My gf is like, "where did you get all those cool gymnastics quotes from?" I was like, "I made them up myself...I'm so good!" "Yeah right Mike!!!" So I told her...she was impressed tho, so keep up the good work (that was mostly directed to gracefulone).

This quote was hanging up at open gym so I copied it lol :
I am a member of a team and I rely on the team, I defer to it, and sacrifice for it because the team, not the individual is the ultimate champion. –Mia Hamm
Heres some I think I googled? Idk they could be from gracefulone lol

The vision of a champion is bent over, drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when nobody else is looking.
You become a champion by fighting one more round. When things are tough, you fight one more round.
Every absurdity has a champion to defend it
Everybody on a championship team doesn't get publicity, but everyone can say he's a champion.
The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides the champion from someone else who is not a champion. That's what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they'll go through the pain no matter what happens.
Champion the right to be yourself; dare to be different and to set your own pattern; live your own life and follow your own star.
Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday.
A champion is someone who gets up when he can't.

Sorry they are all blue and linkish.

"Aim high--aim for the moon--if you miss, you'll just catch yourself on a star.""Feel the fear, and DO IT ANYWAY! Do what you fear and fear disappears.""Don't take life too seriously, or you'll never get out of it alive.""WINNERS take chances. Like everyone else, they fear failing, but they refuse to let fear control them.WINNERS don't give up. When life gets rough, they hang in until the going gets better.WINNERS are flexible. They realize there is more than one way and are willing to try others.WINNERS know they are not perfect. They respect their weaknesses while making the most of their strengths.WINNERS fall but they don't stay down. They stubbornly refuse to let a fall keep them from climbing.WINNERS don't blame fate for their failures nor luck for their success.WINNERS accept responsibility for their lives.WINNERS are positive thinkers who see good in all things.From the ordinary, they make the extraordinary.WINNERS believe in the path they have chosen, even when it's hard, even when others can't see where they are going.WINNERS are patient. They know a goal is only worthy as the effort that is required to achieve it."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.

I made one for english class. It isn't that good but I hope you'll like it!

True Champion

You dream of this stuff for so long,
Even the sacrifices and pain you went through,
Is nothing compare to the feeling you get,
When you go on that podium and hear your national anthem.

Everything has to come to an end,
But when it comes,
All the pain you had subside over the years,
Just make you want to cry…

A Gymnast's Prayer

I haven't posted in a while but I thought this would be a great place to share. My DD wrote this in English and well...I'm somewhat biased but I think its sweet because I know every word came from her little 11yo heart. I hope you enjoy it.

A Gymnast’s Prayer

Dear Lord, I bring to You
My humble gymnast prayer;
As I snuggle into bed
with my favorite gym bear;
I thank You for my hands
All covered in painful rips;
My sore knees, calloused feet
And the bruises on my hips;
I thank You for my leos
and my ugly knee brace;
For blessing me with power,
strength and grace;
For giving me the determination
and resolve to do what it takes;
To get up and shake it off
when I've made a mistake;
Watch over me Dear Lord
as I swing on the bars;
Clear hips and giants
that reach toward the stars;
Stand beside me Lord
as I wobble on the beam;
Grant sticky feet and pointed toes
for the entire team;
Push me as I run
toward the vault so quick;
Up and over with straight legs
for that perfect stick;
Remind me to look Lord
at the judges and smile;
Lift up my leaps
and help me perform with style;
Thank you for my Parents
that give their support;
So much love, time and money
to my costly sport;
But tonight Lord
hear my one last request;
Thanks all of my coaches
for that I feel so blessed;
They teach me so much more
than just routines and drills;
But the courage and resilience
needed to learn my new skills;
Now as I fall to sleep
and my dreams start to unfold;
they’re filled with visions of medals
all bronze, silver and Gold!

I really apreciate that today. It's very very good! It made me cry, but I'm pretty much a wreck today, and also cried at the hearing of the Gettysburg address! I really liked it though;your daughter did a very nice job. I especially liked the part about the coaches.

Obstacles can't stop you. Problems can't stop you. Most of all, other people can't stop you. Only you can stop you. Jeffrey Gitomer
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. Helen Keller
Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in,and it will come naturally, in its own way.David Frost
The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today. Franklin D. Roosevelt
Without discipline, there's no life at all. Katharine Hepburn

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try. Beverly Sills

Always behave like a duck - keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath. Jacob Braude

What people say you cannot do, you try and find that you can. Henry David Thoreau
Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway. John Wayne
Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. Calvin Coolidge

Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work. H. L. Hunt

This thing that we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down. Mary Pickford

Quit now, you'll never make it. If you disregard this advice, you'll be halfway there. David Zucker

Praise the bridge that carried you over. George Colman
Of course there is no formula for success except perhaps an unconditional acceptance of life and what it brings. Arthur Rubinstein
Doubt whom you will, but never yourself. Christine Bovee

All of us failed to match our dreams of perfection. So I rate us on the basis of our splendid failure to do the impossible.
William Faulkner
He who would leap high must take a long run. Danish Proverb
Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough. Og Mandino

I enjoy every opportunity and live every moment. And that is why I have no regrets. It's when you are not scared of losing that you win everything." Shailendra Singh

The day you take complete responsibility for yourself, the day you stop making any excuses, that's the day you start to the top. O.J. Simpson

I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. Thomas Jefferson

When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. Lao Tzu

You may delay, but time will not. Benjamin Franklin

crazy4gymnastics

wow great poems i love them.
and the quotes are great too

Your only limitations are those you set up in your mind, or permit others to set up for you.Og Mandino

Dreams come true. Without that possibility, nature would not incite us to have them. John Updike

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain. Unknown

The Starfish Story
Original Story by: Loren Eisley
One day a man was walking along the beach when he noticed
a boy picking something up and gently throwing it into the ocean.
Approaching the boy, he asked, “What are you doing?â€￾
The youth replied, “Throwing starfish back into the ocean.
The surf is up and the tide is going out. If I don’t throw them back, they’ll die.â€￾
“Son,â€￾ the man said, “don’t you realize there are miles and miles of beach and hundreds of starfish?
You can’t make a difference!â€￾
After listening politely, the boy bent down, picked up another starfish,
and threw it back into the surf. Then, smiling at the man, he said…â€￾
I made a difference for that one.â€￾

The starfish story is a little less relevant to sports, but this story was told to us at Badger Girls State by the wisconsin cheif justice, and I just loved it so much!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back