Abdominal muscles conditionings

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Amir Hussain

Gymnast
Could someone please name for me all the conditionings for the abdominal muscles(For Men artistic gymnastics)? I hear the most effective is the L sit. Is it right?

Could someone please name for me all the conditionings for the abdominal muscles(For Men artistic gymnastics)? I hear the most effective is the L sit. Is it right?
I personally like L dips if you have something you could do that on

Also press handstands are really good conditioning because you are working strength while working your handstand and a skill you will need. And if you do them from splits it will help your flexibility

I personally like L dips if you have something you could do that on

Also press handstands are really good conditioning because you are working strength while working your handstand and a skill you will need. And if you do them from splits it will help your flexibility

Definitely agree. Also try L pull-ups and doing straddle L, press handstand, lower to straddle L, press handstand, etc etc.

For the advanced guys we occasionally do something called the 12 series. It's super setting ab muscles. 12 V sits, 12 second hollow hold, 12 tuck ups, 12 second hollow hold, 12 leg lifts, 12 second hollow hold, 12 toe touches, 12 second hollow hold, 12 flutter kicks, 12 second hollow hold, 12 hollow rocks, 12 second hollow hold.

Trust me, it'll make you sore!

L-sits are a good basic abdominal exercise. I'm not sure it's the most effective but it is very important.

Brandon covered other exercises such as
hollow hold/rocks
flutter kicks
lying leg lifts, hanging leg lifts (all kinds such as leg lifts from L-hang to candle hold), hanging stalder leg lifts

body levers, hang to inverted hang pull through front lever,
skin the cats (tuck/pike/straight)
L-sit lifts to V or manna, L-sit walks.
Inverted situps (GHD situps), bent/straight leg situps (weighted)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back