Flawed System Leaves Vaculik out of Olympic Games Article

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Here is another article mentioning Kristina Vaculik

Gemini athletes vault into spotlight

I won't sign the petition as the team has already been chosen. Allowing Kristina to go now, as other than an alternate - which she is, would break the heart of another gymnast fulfilling her Olympic Dream. I think it is sad that the same thing happened 4 years ago, and no changes were made since. My hope is that a petition will be created to CHANGE the current system for 2012 and beyond...

Interestingly enough, I believe the USAG Tumbling & Trampoline point system is similar to Canadian Gymnastics point system - can anyone confirm this?

Here is another article mentioning Kristina Vaculik

Gemini athletes vault into spotlight

I won't sign the petition as the team has already been chosen. Allowing Kristina to go now, as other than an alternate - which she is, would break the heart of another gymnast fulfilling her Olympic Dream. I think it is sad that the same thing happened 4 years ago, and no changes were made since. My hope is that a petition will be created to CHANGE the current system for 2012 and beyond...

Interestingly enough, I believe the USAG Tumbling & Trampoline point system is similar to Canadian Gymnastics point system - can anyone confirm this?

While I respect your choice, I would just like to mention that this petition was started before Gymnastics Canada made their announcement on who they were sending to Beijing. It is doubtful that this petition will change the minds of Gymnastics Canada but it is hoped that it will catch the attention of the media (power in numbers) and then start the investigative research process and expose the corruption that currently exists within Gymnastics Canada.

Nansy Damianova is a fine gymnast, however she is not Canada's best. Gymnastics Canada created their selection process a long time ago with Nansy Damianova and Elyse Hopfner-Hibbs in mind. It was clearly a flawed selection process and was never fair to any other athletes. Other avenues are being pursued to try and initiate positive change in the Canadian system, this is just one of them.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back