New Gym Mom! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

GymTwinsMom

Hi everyone!

I'm new here and just introducing myself:)

I have twin girls named Leah and Alexis, they are both level 5 with some level 6 skills.

Hope to meet everyone here :D!!

Welcome to The Chalk Bucket! Thats pretty awesome that you have twin gymnasts! Are they identical twins?

hi

omg that is awsone at our gym we had a two sets of twins andi and kendi coached and leah and lauren where both level 6 gymnastics how cool

My girls are 7 and fraternal. Leah has lighter hair, and all her daddy;) Lexi has more dirty blonde and is more of me (and shorter):p My girls started gymnastics when they were about 3, soo 4 years.

Welcome!! :wave: I know we've posted in threads previously but I still wanted to say hi and all. I have identical twin boys who are almost 12 and my gymnast dd who is 10 is almost a level 5. I'm so excited to have another twin mama on here:jump:

Thanks midwestgymmom! I am very excited aswell to see another mom with twins. Identical? I could never tell any identicals apart, so I was so relieved when I found out my girl are fraternal LOL. What level is your daughter? How long was she in gymnastics for?:veryhappy:

Thanks midwestgymmom! I am very excited aswell to see another mom with twins. Identical? I could never tell any identicals apart, so I was so relieved when I found out my girl are fraternal LOL. What level is your daughter? How long was she in gymnastics for?:veryhappy:

Shes been in gymnastics for 4 and a half yrs (since she was 6) shes been a level 4the last 3 yrs.;) So now as long as she stays consistant with her skills she should be competing level 5 next yr.:pray:

Hope she moves up to level 5! With all the skills she got from camp I'm sure of it:D

I hope so. She almost quit last fall when they held her back again and she was crushed. She medaled at all her meets this yr and went over the 36 AA score to move up. The hc was talking about her doing lvl 5 and skipping 6 , since the hc hates that lvls routines -especially bars.

Did you dds compete lvl 5 last yr ??

Aw, I would bet that she is crushed. But is a true champion! She stayed in the sport.:D This is their 1st year as level 5's. They are also traning for tops. Both are almost perfect except, Lexi needs her press handstand and Leah needs to hold her handstand longer. They both have cast handstands (scared mommy to death while learning it:eek:) :p

:cool: When do they do their TOPS testing?

I cant imagine. watching the coach at camp helping dd do clear hips and baby giants made me nervous enough

I'm pretty sure sometime this summer. They were just invited so I do not have a clue about anything LOL. Just sitting through practices make me nervous. The girls are learning flyaways off the high bar tomorrow so I'm going to be a nervous wreck. I'm so bad..I admit.. When they 1st started here I had to walk out of the room because they were learning skills on the high beam. Gotten better since then though;):cool:

Thanks! LOL, I was never a gymnast so I have no clue about anything. Although I know what "roundoffs" and "backhandsprings" are. Well, back at the gym, Leah did a flyaway and for the 1st one, not that bad... Me on the other hand nearly had a heart attack!:p Lexi hurt her wrist on floor so she was out icing. She was surprizingly fine with the fact that her sister is working on a new skill and she didnt!:D:) Don't you just love it when your DD has a good day at the gym? No crying, no injuries (except for a little icing):cool:

Thanks! LOL, I was never a gymnast so I have no clue about anything. Although I know what "roundoffs" and "backhandsprings" are. Well, back at the gym, Leah did a flyaway and for the 1st one, not that bad... Me on the other hand nearly had a heart attack!:p Lexi hurt her wrist on floor so she was out icing. She was surprizingly fine with the fact that her sister is working on a new skill and she didnt!:D:) Don't you just love it when your DD has a good day at the gym? No crying, no injuries (except for a little icing):cool:

I'm glad they had a good day, of course that doesnt hurt your day either:) LOL

LOL! How is your daughter doing in the gym? Any updates?

She had practice 1-3 today. She got one kip by herself the rest with the coach touching her with 3 fingers:cool: She did her back walkovers on beam. The only problem is on floor - she lost her 2 backsprings:( She kept freezing up after the first one) A few weeks ago she did her 2 backhandsprings and when she went into the second one her elbow gave out and she hit her head, neck, and back and it shook her up pretty good since then her backhandsprings have looked like a brand new level 4's. It wasnt a problem at camp because she did RO-backhandspring backtucks with a spot on the tuck. And at camp she did the 2 BHSprings on the tumble track. Today she would only do 2 down the cheese wedge. She didnt even have a problem with front tucks, back tucks, backwalkovers and dive rolls on floor today .
Houston, I think we have a problem. :sigh:

Thanks for asking :hug:

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back