Floor Music Editing

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymfreak4ever

Does anyone know of any good programs where I can edit floor music?

Im just trying to take certain parts of a song and putting them together. Some parts need to be overlapped a bit.

Does anyone know of any good programs where I can edit floor music?

I edit my own music. I use sony vegas. But I bought it for 70$. If you want you could send me the floor music and the times you want me to cut it at, and I could do that for you!:) I love edditing floor music!:D

I edit my own music. I use sony vegas. But I bought it for 70$. If you want you could send me the floor music and the times you want me to cut it at, and I could do that for you!:) I love edditing floor music!:D

Really! That would be great! The times arent super accurate, My coach and I picked the times in like 5 minutes and they are from two different songs, well really the same but two different files one is already cut for floor music but she doesn't like that cut. How would you like me to send it?

Really! That would be great! The times arent super accurate, My coach and I picked the times in like 5 minutes and they are from two different songs, well really the same but two different files one is already cut for floor music but she doesn't like that cut. How would you like me to send it?

Ehm, maybe on www.sendspace.com or something else I don't mind! I'm so glad I can help you!!

This might be the thread to ask my question. I'm wondering if any song can be used for floor music if you have editing software that can remove the vocals and cut and edit for length. Or, do you get into copyright issues?

This might be the thread to ask my question. I'm wondering if any song can be used for floor music if you have editing software that can remove the vocals and cut and edit for length. Or, do you get into copyright issues?

Ehm no I cannot yet remove vocals from the song, but I'm working on that. I can cut the music (edit it) and I can also put a beep sound before the actual floor music starts. I've never had any problems with copyright issues yet, because I only made floor music twice... Once for my sister and the other time for my friend.:p But I really enjoy doing it, so if you have any requests....:D.

Sorry.... I wasn't talking about you personally. I was just wondering if that's legal.

Im not sure, but you can get Barry Nease from Floor Express to make you custom music and before he makes it he checks for copyright issues.

Wow. You did an amazing job! and you made them so fast!
I love them both. Im taking them in the choreographer tomorrow:)
Of course I am using one of them for my floor routine! I am a level 9 but never competed 8 cause of an injury, so i'm doing a meet to qualify 9.

There's a good Windows program I used years ago, can't remember what it's called, but since it was years ago, chances are that it's now a *better* Windows program, I was splicing and mixing different files in it for a class and it seemed easy enough to use. But it was Windows only.

I haven't tried anything as complicated in Audacity yet. I *have* tried removing vocals, and it's not particularly easy. Well, the process is easy, the results just tend to suck more often than not (and I've tried both from .mp3s and straight from CDs), leaving background echoes, or randomly popping up bits here and there at regular vocal volume, mixed in with strange crackles here and there. I'm using a Mac, so haven't tried any of the Windows plugins that I've heard use a different process than the split/invert method to try and cancel them out.

I don't know about copyright issues, but below elite it should be pretty much personal use and nobody's making a profit from it, I'm thinking it's just a really big blown up version of setting up a boombox on a street corner and breakdancing, or picking which song you'd like to dance to first at your wedding. If they didn't want people to get up and move to their music, maybe they're in the wrong field? Canadian law is different than American law on this, too, I think. But they still have to *catch* you first.

Have you tried Audacity? (It's free; just google it)

I just went to your site - I like the FFVII stuff! (also the Carol of the Bells one)

I swear if I ever get good enough that anyone will let me compete, I want to use Final Fantasy game music, complete with the entering battle sound at the beginning of the routine and the battle won sound right at the end!

Wow. You did an amazing job! and you made them so fast!
I love them both. Im taking them in the choreographer tomorrow:)
Of course I am using one of them for my floor routine! I am a level 9 but never competed 8 cause of an injury, so i'm doing a meet to qualify 9.

Yeah! lol Like I said before, I really enjoy making those!!!
That's so cool!!:D
Oh, good luck with the meet to qualify for level 9!!!

Have you tried Audacity? (It's free; just google it)

I already tried that, but it doesn't really work. It really depends on the songs.

There are copywrite issues.

There are several great Floor Music websites. My favorite is www.energymmusic.com because you can download the song to your computer. No waiting for a CD to be delivered. There is also www.Floorexpress.com, but you have to wait for them to send the CD.

Both places have TONS of music available, with the ability to listen to the songs before deciding which you want.

There are copywrite issues.

There are several great Floor Music websites. My favorite is www.energymmusic.com because you can download the song to your computer. No waiting for a CD to be delivered. There is also www.Floorexpress.com, but you have to wait for them to send the CD.

Both places have TONS of music available, with the ability to listen to the songs before deciding which you want.

Floor express now lets you download it if you buy it. Its 2$ more than a cd but you save from shiping.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back