WAG How far to go for a gymnastics tryout? and is it worth it?

• Thread starter theworldgymnast
  • Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

T

theworldgymnast

My daughter is currently continuing her JO Career as a Level 8 gymnast now. The gym that she is currently at has an okay program but I sometimes question her coaches decisions. She also has stated that she would like to become an Elite and eventually, like every girl her age, make it to the Olympics.

So, our current situation is that we want to help our daughter make her dreams a reality (it's also a dream of mine as I am an avid gym fan and never had an opportunity to do gymnastics!). We currently live in Southern California and are not sure if there are any Olympic standard clubs near us. We've looked into All Olympia in Los Angeles, CA but we weren't blown away.

My daughter has talked about WOGA and TX Dreams in Texas and Parkettes which is in Pennsylvania I think, both pretty far away from us! So is that too far to go for a tryout and to eventually relocate?

If anyone has relocated for gymnastics, I would love to know your story!:)

How old is she, how long did it take her to become a level 8, and what are some of her scores and accomplishments?
'she would like to become an Elite and eventually, like every girl her age, make it to the Olympics.'
Be careful what you wish for! ;)

There are a lot of gyms is try in your area before relocating to another state! Have you looked into, gym max, gliders, wallers gym jam, wildfire, precision or SCEGA?? Those are a few off the top of my head!

There are a lot of gyms is try in your area before relocating to another state! Have you looked into, gym max, gliders, wallers gym jam, wildfire, precision or SCEGA?? Those are a few off the top of my head!
Didn't think of those. The whole family is wanting to move, especially me, because we need a new start and I have been made redundant and finding it hard to fid new opportunities!

Didn't think of those. The whole family is wanting to move, especially me, because we need a new start and I have been made redundant and finding it hard to fid new opportunities!

Well, that's a whole different situation. You should figure out where the opportunities are, where your family would be happy, where you could afford to live, and then think about gyms in those places.

My daughter is currently continuing her JO Career as a Level 8 gymnast now. The gym that she is currently at has an okay program but I sometimes question her coaches decisions. She also has stated that she would like to become an Elite and eventually, like every girl her age, make it to the Olympics.

So, our current situation is that we want to help our daughter make her dreams a reality (it's also a dream of mine as I am an avid gym fan and never had an opportunity to do gymnastics!). We currently live in Southern California and are not sure if there are any Olympic standard clubs near us. We've looked into All Olympia in Los Angeles, CA but we weren't blown away.

My daughter has talked about WOGA and TX Dreams in Texas and Parkettes which is in Pennsylvania I think, both pretty far away from us! So is that too far to go for a tryout and to eventually relocate?

If anyone has relocated for gymnastics, I would love to know your story!:)

I do not like when members get weird on me. Honestly the fish is beginning to smell.

How old is she, how long did it take her to become a level 8, and what are some of her scores and accomplishments?
'she would like to become an Elite and eventually, like every girl her age, make it to the Olympics.'
Be careful what you wish for! ;)
She's only just turned 9 years old, she started gymnastics back in 2009 so it's taken her five years to get to this point. She skipped L6 also and competed L7 for all this year excluding a meet in October where she competed L8. Her best score as a L7 is 37.650 and the score she got at the meet she competed L8 was 36.975. At this years L7 states, she was 8th all-around but she had flu prior to Regionals and didn't do great, placing 14th.

Her coach said that she could have potential to do TOPs soon, perhaps next year or 2016.

User is banned, both accounts in fact. We have had a good chat. He is young and is being honest. I will delete the links I put upthread. Tough way to learn a lesson.

As to me being good, I have a little band of happy helpers who help keep the board safe with me. Thanks to them, you know who you are.

Anyone mind filling me in on what happened here??? One minute we were talking about a L8 wanting to work towards elite, next thing it looks like some how the train left the track.........

Apparently the OP was some guy from the UK just pretending to live in California having a 10 year old L8. Color me confused.

Reactions: sce

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back