Booster Club Question...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi CB Friends,

My DD's gym has had a small booster club for a few years. We have done one or two fundraisers a year. There has been one mom kind of running the whole show. The daughter left the gym and hermom is not doing any Booster Club stuff. She asked that I take over for her. I said yes.. The gym is 100% behind me.

From talking to this mom she has done nothing to set up bank accounts, make the Club a non profit organization etc. She had bank account in her name that she deposited funds (Very Disturbing to me!:eek:)

Where do I start??? Do I need to set the club up as a Not for Profit organization? I know I dont want the bank account in my name - I want it in the boosterclubs name..

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks In Advance!

If you look back at the popular tags there is a ton of info about how to start one from 2007. The one tag has 51 posts. I know when we finally got off the ground we should have contaced an acountant to do the paperwork. Now that the gym has 2 kids on team whose parents are accountants we are doing fine. PM me about things you need specifically and i can try andbhelp.

If you look back at the popular tags there is a ton of info about how to start one from 2007. The one tag has 51 posts. I know when we finally got off the ground we should have contaced an acountant to do the paperwork. Now that the gym has 2 kids on team whose parents are accountants we are doing fine. PM me about things you need specifically and i can try andbhelp.

D - I knew I could count on you to help!

Thank you !

K

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back