Parents Other parents taking video of your kid

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Video can be extremely useful. I'm rather surprised that some people view parents taking video (or still photographs) with such mistrust and even apparent hostility.[/quote]

Yes, I agree video can be a useful teaching tool as long as it is known upfront. If our gym, coaches or a parent did this, with teaching in mind, I have no problems.

However, call me hostile, but there is no reason another parent/person should be videotaping or photographing my 7yr old level 4 daughter!!!!

Video can be extremely useful. I'm rather surprised that some people view parents taking video (or still photographs) with such mistrust and even apparent hostility.

Yes, I agree video can be a useful teaching tool as long as it is known upfront. If our gym, coaches or a parent did this, with teaching in mind, I have no problems.

However, call me hostile, but there is no reason another parent/person should be videotaping or photographing my 7yr old level 4 daughter!!!!
[/quote]

I completely agree. If that parent was filming your daughter, you should definitely tell them to stop immediately, that they do not have permission to do that. I would also complain to the gym owner that this parent was filming your child without authorization and it made you extremely uncomfortable. Filming her own child is one thing, but she shouldn't be deliberately filming other children without consulting their parents first.

A few years ago when oldest DD was in cheer there was some "psycho cheer moms" that were going around to the other gyms and video taping routines and then taking them back to their gym. I am okay with a parent videoing their child (that's there business) but I don't trust anyone who has a camera trained on my kids. #1 It's creepy, you dont know who they are or why they are doing it. #2 Its embarrasing to have to approach a parent about it and #3 If their doing it to try to help their child's chances of beating my child in a comp, what kind of faith are you showing in your child's abilities?
We were outraged when we found out we had been spied on, the funny part was DD's team (competeing Jr. level 3) wiped the floor with the gym that did it, so it didnt help them much in the long run.

Liz
:nurse:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back