Parents leotard organization

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We have a hanging closet organizer- the ones that hang from the rod and have seven square "pockets". The leos are sorted by fabric type (velvet, mystique, other), main color, and sleeve length. We have a second one for shorts/capris, competition panties, and sports bras. I have an old photo box that has all the scrunchies in it, and it also holds the needles, string, and brush. We have a big cup filled with ponytail holders next to it.

We have 2 cheap 5 drawer plastic "towers". Practice Leotards are sorted by size CM/CL, AXS, AS, AM, AL/AXL in one tower. In the other tower... scrunchies and headbands, CM-CL shorts, AXS-AS shorts, AM-AL shorts, sportsbras. Of course, competition leotards are hung in the closet... on a hanger, inside the warm ups, inside the gym bag, with the matching scrunchie on the hanger too.

i have a few of these awesome hanging things over the dryer. her clean leos are hung there after washing and then stay there until she's out of leos in her room. then, they all just get tossed in a dresser drawer. (that way, all the leos get evenly rotated. otherwise she would keep picking her favorite ones out of the drawer over and over again).

Either they go from the drying rack straight to being worn, or she shoves them in a drawer. Except that competition leo, which is hung up in it's bag in her closet.

Shoved in drawers, in the hamper to be washed, on the floor, in her sister's room (and vice versa), on the steps to go upstairs, on the floor of my bedroom (?????). After too many years of competition, competition leos are no longer special and are usually crumpled in their gym bags. Scrunchies may be anywhere in the house as they get used year round and sometimes worn as jewelry.

See I'm trying to see if there is any hope because this is what happens in my house and my DD doesn't even have competition leos yet!!

Shoved in drawers, in the hamper to be washed, on the floor, in her sister's room (and vice versa), on the steps to go upstairs, on the floor of my bedroom (?????). After too many years of competition, competition leos are no longer special and are usually crumpled in their gym bags. Scrunchies may be anywhere in the house as they get used year round and sometimes worn as jewelry.

I should state for the record that I made a valiant try to impose some organization on the leo/scrunchie collection at my house. However having two gymnasts and being unable to remember whose leos were whose meant that they got to sort them and deal with them. One routinely puts hers into her drawers, the other, well, lets just say I've found leos in very weird places. And I'm of the opinion that those scrunchies are breeding as I've found way more around my house than we have leos for!

Hook racks on the back of the laundry room door, bileveled....they go straight from the washer to hanging to dry....

We have a one of those hangers with multiple hooks that hangs from the back of the door. The leos (and shorts) hang there on the back of the closet door.

She has a leo/scrunchie/gym shorts drawer in her dresser. Usually clean practice leos are dumped in there, unfolded, by me. She scrounges around in the drawer to find what she wants to wear, and selects matching or coordinating scrunchie.

Competition leo hangs in the closet with warm up suit.

I also don't wash leos until she's down to the last one or two, which forces her to go through the rotation.

They are in a drawer which is a huge victory from when they were invading the bedroom. She hates the scrunchies, so other than the competition one she has to wear, I 'get' the rest, lol...

DD has two closet shelves for hanging clothes. Leos go on the bottom one for now. She's short so her dresses aren't very long. Scrunchies go on the neck of the hanger. She can easily grab and go, and hang them up herself once washed. Maybe seems impractical to many, but it works great for us, and she can easily glance to spot a leo she wants/needs for that day.

Practice ones in a basket on her closet shelf. Comp ones with warm ups hanging in the closet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back