Parents Any hobbies?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

T

TeamDad

Does anybody here have any hobbies...besides driving their kids back and forth to the gym of course:D

For me, I relax by playing the mandolin and going out to bluegrass jams where I play with friends, strangers, and whoever else shows up.

Does anybody here have any hobbies...besides driving their kids back and forth to the gym of course:D

For me, I relax by playing the mandolin and going out to bluegrass jams where I play with friends, strangers, and whoever else shows up.

Oh really?

You wouldn't happen to have access to any recording equipment, would you?

I have a Zoom H2 that I use for recording back-up tracks for practice. If you mean pro gear, well no.

Scrapbooking as much as possible, it is my stress reliever. Reading. Sleeping :D and just enjoying my wonderful kids !!

I love to read, and cook. It might sound a bit weird but cleaning relaxes me the most! Big stress reliever.:)

When I have time (is there an emoticon for exhausted?), I like to read, work on "that novel I've always been meaning to write", and get crafty, whether painting or scrapbooking or anything else. I'm a stay-at-home mom who works as a legal consultant and occasional writer, so my "free-time" is usually spent on my work. I do take time out for an hour of pilates every day, though.

Does hanging out on The Chalk Bucket qualify as a hobby??? :rotfl:

Seriously though, I like to work out, I run just about every day and like to read a lot. My dh would love it if I could cook - but after 14 years of marriage I still remain utterly and hopelessly domestically challenged :D

I sew (imagine that! LOL), crochet, knit, run, and read.... although I cheat on the reading somewhat as I listen to a lot of audiobooks on my mp3 player while I do all the others!! I also decorate cakes and I love to bake.

I have problems sitting still and just not doing anything.

I am an avid reader and I love to surf the 'net. I'm also trying to get my bachelor's degree (still!). Not a hobby but definitely takes up my time.

Crossword puzzles!...Easy ones though! If I have to wait around anywhere (Doctor's office, gym practice, etc.), I absolutely cannot bear it unless I have my crosswords. I panic if I forgot them! :boggled:

I used to have a Peet's Coffee hobby (that's right, hobby, not habit!), but they don't have any locations here in FL. It's just not the same if you are not actually sitting in Peet's, drinking your Latte & feeling like a Beatnik (you have to have been there to understand)...and Starbucks does not quite do the trick...:zzz:

Ummmm---there is alot I USED to do hobby wise bk(before kids!). Like to read, avid NFL fan(Cowboys fanatic), have an in home business(won't make the Fortune 500, but fun for me). I like a few others am a complete mess in the kitchen and cleaning makes me ill.

Not really hobbies, but I am PTO treasurer, I work one night at the gym helping with office type stuff, have a son that does swim lessons, bowls once a week, and is in Cub Scouts. I am also the Cub Scout Pack Treasurer.

I also am a RN in a 12 bed medical-surgical ICU. So I have plenty to keep me busy.

Barb

Chalk Bucket Posting has GOT to be a hobby! Chalk Bucket, Facebook and online games (like games.com and MSN.com).. I am addicted to all 3.

I also like to read and watch reality TV! I would love to tell you that I am a fitness fanatic and a clean freak but really; after working all day, then running my 3 kids to their various activities.... my evenings are spent doing as little as possible.

I often tell my husband I am holding the couch down.. if I get up, it might float to the ceiling.. so laying or sitting down is VERY HELPFUL ( have you ever had to get a couch off the ceiling? Not fun hee hee)

kristilynn! That is precious! I'm using that one the next time my hubby complains that I've been lazing on the couch to long. Oy, we have a cathedral ceiling in our family room--wouldn't want to get our sofa down from up there! lol

I am an EXCELLENT couch manager! Maybe we should host the first couch restraint Olympics! LOL

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back