When the microwave is broken at the gym...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

duyetanh

Proud Parent
...and it does not look like there is any chance of a new one being replaced...what do you do for cold dinners?
Help.
Please.
I have to deal with this four nights a week. One night I can do cold potstickers with carrots and fruit. Otherwise, I am at a loss...

Omg...I thought I was the only one. I can't afford to eat out daily anymore. So I pack for myself and DD. Can you buy one and put it in gym.? In the long run its cheaper. I have contemplated the same here because gyms is dirty...

I use a thermos as well and fill with Mac& Cheese, Tortellini, even veggie chicken nuggets or corn dogs. They stay really warm in there. For sides I'll do a fruit, veggies, chips and of course something sweet. At least one night a week I do a sandwich or a lunchable but she always almost wants a bowl of rice when we get home on those evenings. Does you dd like tuna or egg salad (mine doesn't) that might work too.

Ooh...that's an idea...I wonder how chirked people would be...I could picture us all doing rock, paper, scissors over who gets the plug, lol...:p

I don't think I'd be dragging a slow cooker around, do that at home. The thermos will be fine. :D

Aren't you subject to health and safety?

Fairly sure we wouldn't be able to have a microwave at the gym. Possibly if there were a kitchen area, but if there is one it's for staff use, not general. Also sure you wouldn't be able to bring your own slow cooker or any other appliance that hasn't passed the building reg checks.

I make hot supper and put in Stanley (7hr) thermos to keep warm. Don't bother with regular insulation bags or thermos.....must be the ones that have a 7-9 Jr hot (10-14hr cold) guarantee

Off to google ;)
DD's thermos barely keeps her food warm until lunch at school. And if I put her cold pack next to it for her milk, it's even worse...

Off to google ;)
DD's thermos barely keeps her food warm until lunch at school. And if I put her cold pack next to it for her milk, it's even worse...

Do you prep the thermos? You need to add hot water for about 10-15 min to preheat it. And I would keep it separate from anything cold

I have stainless steel Thermos brand. They work fine.

Do you prep the thermos? You need to add hot water for about 10-15 min to preheat it. And I would keep it separate from anything cold

I have stainless steel Thermos brand. They work fine.
No, I've never done that - I'll definitely give that a try before I replace.
There's no way to keep it separate from other cold stuff in her lunchbag. She's a milk drinker, so I definitely need a cold pack in there. I try to put something in between, like goldfish or such, something neither hot or cold, but it doesn't always work. But I'll definitely try the hot water and see what she says. Thanks!

Aren't you subject to health and safety?

Fairly sure we wouldn't be able to have a microwave at the gym. Possibly if there were a kitchen area, but if there is one it's for staff use, not general. Also sure you wouldn't be able to bring your own slow cooker or any other appliance that hasn't passed the building reg checks.

Interesting. Hadn't thought of that. Not sure it's an issue. As long as it's plugged into a safe outlet, I don't know that it matters. DD's gym doesn't have kitchen area per se, but there is a microwave in the staff room as well as a small one out with the coffee pot in the lobby.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back