Stupid question but...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

is this it for the year? Is there a world's championships? I'm not seeing anything about it. I thought it was supposed to be in London?

London, I think it is October.

You can all come and stay with me......

Be careful what you offer, I already lloked at the tickets to go and watch and the airline tickets, they are usually better priced at that time of year. I could lie and tell my kids that Grandma is sick and needs to see me......:D

I sooooo want to go.:eek::eek:

Here's the UK link to buy tickets.

World Artistic Gymnastics Championships tickets The O2 London, , Directions, seating chart. Official Ticketmaster site.

You do know that it's in Oct 2009? Between now and then there are a ton of meets, both internationally and in the USA.

This is why I'm thinking of going, a whole year to plan, and a lot of new juniors coming up to show their talent. Plus it's in London, need I say shopping and real cadbury's chocolate.

Ooh, that's sounds like fun!

Yeh, I'm hoping to go down in 09.

Can you not get Cadbury's in America? I would actually die. Its my Friday night treat.

You can get Cadbury's but it's not the same taste at all. I get the stuff from the UK when visitors come.

Scottish gymnastics has an offer for discounted tickets, you just have to enter a code, WINNER, and the prices are reduced. I might buy them that way if I can go as my bro lives in Scotland.

You can get Cadbury's but it's not the same taste at all. I get the stuff from the UK when visitors come.

Scottish gymnastics has an offer for discounted tickets, you just have to enter a code, WINNER, and the prices are reduced. I might buy them that way if I can go as my bro lives in Scotland.

Ooh, what a sneaky way to get in! :D I'd like to try that! Problem is I don't have any relatives in Scotland....do you know why they are getting it reduced?

Ooh, what a sneaky way to get in! :D I'd like to try that! Problem is I don't have any relatives in Scotland....do you know why they are getting it reduced?

I imagine for the same reason that USAG offers discounted event tickets to US clubs when they hold a major event. I guess it's all part of membership priviliges.:)

Okay, the 2009 Worlds are in London, but there's no Worlds for 2008? Are there no Worlds during an Olympic year?

THere are no worlds in 2008, whether that is to do with the O's I am not sure. Sounds likely though.

I don't think we'll see mush elite gymnastics until Nov/Dec and even then only World Cip stuff on Youtube.

Here we get the Gymnix International in MArch which always has a good field.

I'll be saving for London.

Here's the UK link to buy tickets.

World Artistic Gymnastics Championships tickets The O2 London, , Directions, seating chart. Official Ticketmaster site.

You do know that it's in Oct 2009? Between now and then there are a ton of meets, both internationally and in the USA.

This is why I'm thinking of going, a whole year to plan, and a lot of new juniors coming up to show their talent. Plus it's in London, need I say shopping and real cadbury's chocolate.

That might be fun except now the dollar vs. the pound is so astronomically low that it's gonna be pretty expensive - especially since London is one of the most expensive cities in the world (esp. for accomodation)! Do you have someone with which to stay at all?

That might be fun except now the dollar vs. the pound is so astronomically low that it's gonna be pretty expensive - especially since London is one of the most expensive cities in the world (esp. for accomodation)! Do you have someone with which to stay at all?

It is really bad rightnow, but the canadian dollar has always been low against the pind. I think as I travel to the UK a lot it doesn't bother me too much. I have a bank account in England where I keep some emergency cash too.

I plan on getting my brother to meet me in London, he'll shop whilst I watch gym and we'll party the rest of the time. Shring a room with him will half the cost. Plus I always buy rooms from priceline or hotwire as their prices are always about 50% of online hotel rates.

Hopefully this all works out, but if the economy gets really bad, who knows how tight we'll have to pull our belts in, fortunately in Canada our banking system is very sound and is not structured like many other countires. But we would be hurt by a further economic slow down in the US.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back