Parents Funny Story

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Watched dd practice the other day.She has been more consistent with her bhs bhs on the highbeam but still had a coach stand next to her.So she started warming up on the floor doing her bhs bhs.She chalked up her hands and feet went up on the highbeam and did the whole series without even just warming up one bhs before.Well I was expecting her just to warm up one and when she went for the second bhs right after the first one I let out a little screech.Everybody looked at me expecting somebody crashed or something bad happened.She did her bhs bhs beautiful and stuck it but like I said I wasn't expecting it and got startled.I had to laugh about my reaction afterward.

That's so funny, it just shows that she's ready for it but you'll take some time to catch up. Did she hear you?

That is AWESOME !!!!!!

I have also been known to let out a little screech when DD gets something she has been struggling with - it is wonderful that she just hopped up and did it.

Good For Her

LOL! Didi her coach know she was going for 2 as well? Sometimes gymnasts like to surprise us too! We tend to have mini heart attacks when that happens, so a little screech is a pretty pro response! Did you tell her about your moment? What was her reaction?

That is so funny - and totally something I would probably do too. I can't wait to see videos of how well she does this year as a level 9 :)

That is funny! I dont think I have Screached before but i definetly try and WILL my dd do to skills..

For instance if DD is doing a Giant and Stalling out I will find my self LEANING to help her over the bar! LOL

bhs bhs was her assignment for that day.Coach was on the other side of the beams and told her good job when she did it.I don't think that was the first time she did it on her own but it was the first time I saw it.Last time I saw her on beam doing bhs bhs was about 2 weeks ago and she still had the coach stand next to the beam.(in case I guess).I said to her,wow you just went for it.She reacted as if it was nothing.Let's hope it stays that way.It was also the first day ever(as far as I know)that she finished her assignment before everybody else.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back