DD's first Level 5 meet Saturday

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Thanks to all for the good luck wishes and fairies! DD had a great first level 5 meet. Scores were low and a lot more kids came then last year but she managed to hang in there with the big girls and placed 8th AA with a 34.15. The best thing about the whole day was......she did a BEAUTIFUL cartwheel and stayed on the beam! It was georgeous!

Scores 7.9 vault Mom thought it was pretty!
8.75 bars 4th place
8.4 beam 8th place
9.10 floor 6th place

All in all a great day. Scores way lower then we are used to from level 4 but we were told to expect that. She had so much fun and we did the sticky feet water. She swears it works and wants it every time now!Ha

Thank you all so much!

What a great meet!! Please send the beam fairy our way!! Next weekend we have our level 5 district meet. My daughters scores have been low this year (we knew they would be though). Beam is something she really struggles with!!

What a great meet!! Please send the beam fairy our way!! Next weekend we have our level 5 district meet. My daughters scores have been low this year (we knew they would be though). Beam is something she really struggles with!!

Sending the beam fairies your way! Thanks!

Cartwheel

Hi I am new! We went to camp this summer and none of my girls could do it by the time we left 5 of them had it. The coaches just kepts telling them go faster so the air conditioning doesn't knock them over. And they were right my girls were going so slow that if you breathed to hard they would fall over. Anywho they also made them focus on squeezing as they land. Now they are doing them like it was nothing.

Nice to see the "sticky beam feet" water worked;). It's amazing what the mind can do. Congrats and keep us all posted.

Hi I am new! We went to camp this summer and none of my girls could do it by the time we left 5 of them had it. The coaches just kepts telling them go faster so the air conditioning doesn't knock them over. And they were right my girls were going so slow that if you breathed to hard they would fall over. Anywho they also made them focus on squeezing as they land. Now they are doing them like it was nothing.

I will keep that in mind and tell her! Part of her problem is posture. We are starting ballet this week to try to work on that part.

That was my dd's problem. She would try to muscle it over and would loose to gravity. Her coaches told her to spread her legs as far as she could, look under her arm and go fast. She gives all the credit to the "sticky feet water" and the beam fairies! :)

Nice to see the "sticky beam feet" water worked;). It's amazing what the mind can do. Congrats and keep us all posted.

What a geat idea! Thank you so much! She loved it! We made a big deal about it. At first I didn't think she was buying it but she played along. Now she is 100% sold! It is amazing what your mind is capable of! Thank you again!

Wow, Emma's scores were fantastic for her very 1st level 5 meet! Especially bars! She is going to have a rockin' season!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back