Gabby Douglas Hate - (Hopefully) An End

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Yes, I would agree with this. Gabby is clearly a very good AAer. No reasonable person would even try to deny that. But we have two examples -- in Simone and Aly -- of young women who are , in one case great (Simone) and in the other case very good (Aly) gymnasts, AAers and stand outs on individual events (everything but UBs for Simone and FX for Aly) who are also outstanding role models. Why anyone would cling to Gabby, who at best, is not a good role model, is beyond me. But . . . . .each to their own.
Yeah because Simone is much more bubblier and grateful.

Of course Simone has not had the challenges that Gabby has had (or Aly for that matter). Nor does she have the same personality, not a bad one, just a different one. How is Gabby not a role model? She is a world champion gymnast, multiple gold medal Olympic champion. And she has worked hard and earned it. She has is respectful and carries herself with dignity in the face of crud like above.

Quite honestly I am becoming more of a fan. And here is the thing I don't have to chose, I like Simone, Gabby, Aly, Laurie and Madison. So does my kid.

My kids favorite is someone you must consider a huge loser, Maggie Nichols. We even like her.

Yes, I would agree with this. Gabby is clearly a very good AAer. No reasonable person would even try to deny that. But we have two examples -- in Simone and Aly -- of young women who are , in one case great (Simone) and in the other case very good (Aly) gymnasts, AAers and stand outs on individual events (everything but UBs for Simone and FX for Aly) who are also outstanding role models. Why anyone would cling to Gabby, who at best, is not a good role model, is beyond me. But . . . . .each to their own.
There's a difference between clinging to her and publicly saying mean things. I think since many felt she did not deserve to be on the team that they had to prove it by finding something very wrong about her during the Olympics. It is mean and ugly.

Bottom line? She is a two time Olympian and has 3 gold medals. If you don;t like it's okay but respect what she's accomplished and move on to something more productive.

- in Simone and Aly -- of young women who are , in one case great (Simone) and in the other case very good (Aly) gymnasts, AAers and stand outs on individual events (everything but UBs for Simone and FX for Aly) who are also outstanding role models. Why anyone would cling to Gabby, who at best, is not a good role model,

See I can understand you just don't like Gabby not your cup of tea.

But exactly makes Simone and Aly "good" role models. And what exactly makes a Gabby a "not good" role model?

And seriously if a hand over a heart and smile is all you have you have nothing.

among my favorite foods. How are you seasoning it? Please say tons of garlic, basil, salt, pepper.

Chopping up the zucc, toms and garlic. Roasting it in seasoned olive oil for 25 mins at 450. Cooking pasta, rinse in cold water, toss in pesto, mix with veg and then toss on Parmesan and bake for 15 mins. Dinner in one dish.

Would add basil, but garden is bare.

I know, I know. Trying to work through my gourd issues.
Now I really have learned something. I thought a zucchini was the same as a courgette (what we call them in the UK). But apparently a courgette is a half-grown zucchini, and an adult zucchini is what we call a marrow, which could be said to be less delicious than other vegetables. Confused yet? I know I am.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back