Gabby Douglas Hate - (Hopefully) An End

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

This topic has become somewhat tiresome. But I really did have to respond to this. The code refers to a "rendition," clearly meaning any rendition or interpretation. Do you seriously want to argue that when the various National Anthems are played at the Olympic Games they are not intended to actually be the real National Anthems ? Also -- the American flag is being raised at the same time. Look, I am way past caring about what Gabby did or did not do during the medal ceremony. But I find some of the comments about this truly silly.

Can we please get back to taco soup now???????o_O
Boy, am I with you, many of the comments about Gabby during this Olympics HAVE been truly silly;)

For the love of God, can we shut this down? This thread has gone on long enough and now it's just childish. Everyone has said their piece and then some, no one is changing their minds. Can we move on??? And by move on, I don't mean to soup. I just want to read about actual gymnastics again. :(

First, on the Gabby thing: I think the general population in the US still loves her. I posted something on my facebook and many are really confused as to what the issue is . They all love her. So it seems to be us gymnastics fanatics that have made this an issue. Sad, really sad.

Second, lasagna soup (my two gymmies love this so much)

1 1/4 lb. sweet turkey Italian sausage
1 cup onion, chopped
2 tbsp. garlic, chopped
6 cups chicken broth
1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes
1 15-oz. can tomato sauce
1tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
1 box campenelle pasta
4-6 cups fresh spinach, roughly chopped
shredded mozzarella
thinly sliced fresh basil

Directions:
Brown sausage, while coarsely breaking into small pieces
Put onions, broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, garlic, dried basil and oregano in slow cooker. Add the sausage.
Cook on low for 6 hours or high 3 hours
Drop in pasta and spinach, cook for 30 minutes.
Serve topped with shredded mozzerella and fresh basil

Actually it is a law. 36 USC Section 301. Uniformed Military salute. All others face the flag when displayed), stand at attention with hand over heart. Its not a criminal law of course. There is no penalty, criminal or civil attached. But it sets the standard for behavior. And believe me the girls on our national team are told how to behave on the podium.

NO IT IS NOT!!! US Military personnel stand at attention with hands at their sides when not in uniform, even on base. In uniform, they salute only when covered in the Navy! Sorry, I trust my AD officer spouse over an Internet expert any day.

NO IT IS NOT!!! US Military personnel stand at attention with hands at their sides when not in uniform, even on base. In uniform, they salute only when covered in the Navy! Sorry, I trust my AD officer spouse over an Internet expert any day.
Read carefully. I am not disagreeing. Distinction between uniformed and non uniformed military is permissive only. I am reading directly from the US Code. if you have an argument, take it up with congress.

Read carefully. I am not disagreeing. Distinction between uniformed and non uniformed military is permissive only. I am reading directly from the US Code. if you have an argument, take it up with congress.
That would be Congress.

Second, lasagna soup (my two gymmies love this so much)

1 1/4 lb. sweet turkey Italian sausage
1 cup onion, chopped
2 tbsp. garlic, chopped
6 cups chicken broth
1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes
1 15-oz. can tomato sauce
1tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
1 box campenelle pasta
4-6 cups fresh spinach, roughly chopped
shredded mozzarella
thinly sliced fresh basil

Directions:
Brown sausage, while coarsely breaking into small pieces
Put onions, broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, garlic, dried basil and oregano in slow cooker. Add the sausage.
Cook on low for 6 hours or high 3 hours
Drop in pasta and spinach, cook for 30 minutes.
Serve topped with shredded mozzerella and fresh basil
Can I replace the meat with hamburger... Replace the broth with something else, and leave out the spinach so I don't end up in the hospital? And if so, what should I replace the broth with?
... Or leave out the broth completely and could I call it a stew?

and what the heck is sweet turkey Italian sausage ? Its like your "hamburger helper". My "hamburger helper" is 14 and helps by eating them all. Its a whole new world.

We have sausages, made from pork, beef or a mix of.

We have charcuterie, so chorizo, salami, etc etc Also Bratwust, bockwurst, saussice de toulouse in the posh / foreign shops.

We have minced meat, beef, pork, lamb etc

We have pre-made burgers, pork, beef, lamb

Can I replace the meat with hamburger... Replace the broth with something else, and leave out the spinach so I don't end up in the hospital? And if so, what should I replace the broth with?
... Or leave out the broth completely and could I call it a stew?
I am sure that you could use water in place of broth. It will just have less flavor. I would not just leave it out as the Louis is needed when adding the noodles. If you use ground beef vs sausage you would need to lay with the spices as a lot of flavor comes from the sausage. As for spinach, I am sure you could just leave it out. Alternatively, you could add in chopped zuchini, but you'd want to add it a lot earlier to get it cooked through.

and what the heck is sweet turkey Italian sausage ? Its like your "hamburger helper". My "hamburger helper" is 14 and helps by eating them all. Its a whole new world.

We have sausages, made from pork, beef or a mix of.

We have charcuterie, so chorizo, salami, etc etc Also Bratwust, bockwurst, saussice de toulouse in the posh / foreign shops.

We have minced meat, beef, pork, lamb etc

We have pre-made burgers, pork, beef, lamb
image.png
It is Italian sausage made with turkey. You could substitute another Italian sausage or a ground meat but with the ground meat you'd want to add more herbs as the sausage adds a lot of flavor.

Don't think we have ranch salad dressing packet here. What are the ingredients? (And then we can avoid some of the salt too as sensitive )
A reasonable substitute for Ranch mix.
  • 1 teaspoon dried parsley
  • 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme

Margo the US seems obsessed by turkey everything (you know you can consume 3 people's food if it's 'lean' turkey and it's not bad for you? Not sure if any of it's actually turkey though, I don't see the turkey population to provide.

So I'm assuming some kind of Italian type sausage ( fennel eg type) or really any sausage you like would work.
Remember so many American recipes revolve around processed ingredients that are easily substituted.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back