Parents On the road

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My dd's gym does not have a booster club. She is competing 8 this yr and I am my own booster club and it very expensive, between meet fees, travel expenses, etc. We pay a monthly coaches fee which pays for the coaches expenses and stuff, but oye - she has 3 out of state meets, one requires flying and my money tree is losing it's dollar leaves..... ;)

Granny, believe me without the income from bingo, my money tree would look like yours. When our HC took over the job he told the parents that his goal was to rebuild a strong team program and for that he felt the optionals really needed out of state exposure. So far, we've been able to cover expenses with bingo, but success does breed problems. Our optional teams are growing in numbers, so next year they may not be able to afford all expenses for the girls traveling. Right now, keeping it to L7s going to only 1 out of state meet and girls doing 6/7 not going at all its been manageable. They have had enough money left to cover airfare and hotel for girls who went to regionals/sectionals last year.

So, when its late on Friday night and the LAST place you want to be is a bingo hall, parents are muttering, "this will save us money, this will save us money."

My dd has done the WOGA meet and will be doing it again. She is competing as a L7. It is a big meet and lots of other gyms come--lots of fun. I do know that you will want to go watch the Elite session which is usually on Sat. night. You have to purchase separate tickets for that---but well worth it. I also know that Nastia and Carly signed stuff last year. On a side note---the meet is at a convention center and not at the actual gym---bit I am sure you can drive by the gym and see it if you want to.

Should be fun...maybe we will see you there!

Looks like a good meet and the kids have the following Monday off for President's Day, so time to recover and do homework. I showed my gymmie the website, so she knows its not in one of WOGA's gyms per se-----her wish is to see Nastia and get an autograph. I guess if she wants to go to the elite session(I see the coaches get in for free!!!), she'll have to forget a t-shirt since those tickets are $20. Our girls will be competing in L8 and L9 sessions.

Our Traveling meets are:

Chicago Style Invite
Chows Rising Stars Meet - Des Moines
Harley Davidson Meet - Milwaukee

My dd will be competing in one of the numerous level 8 sessions. I am really hoping for a tentative schedule so I can make my flight arrangements.
- So will Beetle! It would be great if we could be at the same session! (let me know if you see a tenative schedule go up!)

MSL - I hope to see you guys there too!

Barb - Our gym's L5 & L6's will be at Peppermint Twist. Beetle and I are going to try to go and watch them, Maybe we will see you there.

I have meet one Chalk Bucket friend Face to Face and it was a wonderful experience, our DD's are Texing buddy's now!! I hope to meet some more of you!

Kristi

Our Traveling meets are:

Chicago Style Invite

I have meet one Chalk Bucket friend Face to Face and it was a wonderful experience, our DD's are Texing buddy's now!! I hope to meet some more of you!

Kristi

Oh cool! I have added you to my list! I am keeping track of who I might meet and where, so I really hope this works out!

Whoever does meet up should take pics and post them here on CB, that would be cute (if you don't mind putting yourself out there a bit)! We could call it the CB'er's Reunion Album... :p

Oh cool! I have added you to my list! I am keeping track of who I might meet and where, so I really hope this works out!

Whoever does meet up should take pics and post them here on CB, that would be cute (if you don't mind putting yourself out there a bit)! We could call it the CB'er's Reunion Album... :p

Good! I should do that, I am already losing track of who I might meet and where..

Great idea! I will have to find the picture of Beetle and Gym Monkey... when they met. (of course I will have to get the okay from Gym Monkey's Mom!)

I think it would be great to have official CB tshirts----easy to pick each other out!!! Guess, nodody's coming to CO in 2009? Darn, we have 2 pretty decent invitationals---Paige Smith Winterfest and Pikes Peak Cup.

I'll mention the T-shirt thing to JBS. He has mentioned it before.

Did you all check out the booster club under the left hand tool bar. You too can have a cool logo like ours! Also gives you a few other little benefits.

Lucky us for being in L4 and really don't have to travel yet! Our "travel" meet would probably be the Greater NY Invitational. It's about 1 1/2 hrs away and a HUGE meet. Our gym is hosting a big meet this year called "Classic for The Cure" over New Year's weekend and will have a couple out of state gyms coming. It will be exciting to see some new faces because even though it's only our 2nd year in competitions, it seems like we compete against the same NJ clubs meet after meet. The girls even seem to know each other, from trips to the podium, LOL

The travel sounds expensive but exciting...good luck to all of you on your long distance meets!

I'll mention the T-shirt thing to JBS. He has mentioned it before.

Did you all check out the booster club under the left hand tool bar. You too can have a cool logo like ours! Also gives you a few other little benefits.
I tried but it wouldn't take my VISA..I know the card works, we used it last nite & this am....

Our Traveling meets are:

Chicago Style Invite
Chows Rising Stars Meet - Des Moines
Harley Davidson Meet - Milwaukee

- So will Beetle! It would be great if we could be at the same session! (let me know if you see a tenative schedule go up!)

Barb - Our gym's L5 & L6's will be at Peppermint Twist. Beetle and I are going to try to go and watch them, Maybe we will see you there.

Kristi

Kristi - Doesn't your dd compete Level 8? If so, wouldn't it be funny if they are in the same session.... :p Just realized that I didn't mention I was talking about the Chicago meet.

Last edited:
Our gym is hosting a big meet this year called "Classic for The Cure" over New Year's weekend and will have a couple out of state gyms coming.

Blackie - Our gym will be attending the Classic for the Cure Meet this yr. I love how there is already a tentative schedule. It looks like my dd will compete on 1/3 in either the 1st or 2nd session. I love the cause - my MIL is a breast cancer survivor. Do you know if they plan to have breast cancer awareness leos like AF and GK already have around, I would love to pick up a new one for dd.

Granny (LOL, I know it's apples but I still think OLD when I write that to you)

That is AWESOME! I will be there all weekend doing something I am sure. As it gets closer, I ll let you know how to pick me out! My DD's L4 group is tentative for Sunday afternoon I think. Our team is ordering custom leos now (I owe money ASAP) from AF for our team. I know GK sells leos too. Not sure what the merchandise will be offered there for purchase, I was on that committee orginally but they had so many volunteers I switched out to the decorating team.

Kristi - Doesn't your dd compete Level 8? If so, wouldn't it be funny if they are in the same session.... :p Just realized that I didn't mention I was talking about the Chicago meet.
She does! I think it would be great.. I will let you know when I find out when we meet!

We're going to Vegas in February. We have family on the west coast and mid west so it's going to be a get together with distant relatives. The kids will miss a few days of school, but it will be a blast.

Chicago Style Meet

For those who need it, the Chicago Style Meet Schedule by Club has posted.

What's everyone's time?

Dd is competing bright and early on Sunday at 8am - Rush Street Gym - Level 8.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back