Parents wish "me" luck - 1st meet tomorrow

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

e'smum

Proud Parent
haha
dd is fine. she says she was only nervous about beam b/c her cartwheel BT dismount is crooked. i told her to not worry about it. no one is going to be upset if it's crooked and come states it won't be. and that it's just the first meet and she was working on level 5 stuff thru august to compete in the mobility meet. so hopefully i talked her out of being nervous on beam. i also told her to not look at her scores and just have fun. which i stress at each meet.

me? i freaking hate beam. period. she made up her beam routine and i've not seen it and so i HAVE to watch it tomorrow. and now that she's doing a cast handstand flyaway on bars, that won't be fun to watch the first couple of times either - she's still getting the handstand fully vertical. and it's her first time with her own floor music and they switched it up a little when they realized 3 practices ago she needed another B skill. ok, breathe.... i keep all this from her, of course, but i am not cut out to be a gym mom. i'm a sweaty, headachy mess after the meet is over. thank goodness my little gymmie is nothing like me!

thanks for listening!

It's crazy isn't it. You have to be the pillar of support when you yourself are a bundle of nerves. But it sounds like you are saying all the right things. Just remember to breathe and have fun. When overwhelmed, look through the lens of a camera. For some reason it doesn't look real that way, and lets you have some moments to collect yourself. Hugs.

what does this mean? :)

btw - i didn't even go. i am having back/disc issues and woke up with a migraine complete with full blown migraine symptoms. i ended up having to stay home. however my little gymmie did fantastic. i'm really bummed i missed it. next meet is in two weeks. can't wait!

Reactions: sce

btw - i didn't even go. i am having back/disc issues and woke up with a migraine complete with full blown migraine symptoms. i ended up having to stay home. however my little gymmie did fantastic. i'm really bummed i missed it. next meet is in two weeks. can't wait!

Sorry you were not feeling well but great job to your gymmie!

D*mn blanking cartwheel. :)

Feel better

D*mn blanking cartwheel. :)

Feel better
hahahaha
that stupid cartwheel was the death of me last year although she only fell once on it but she wobbled like crazy several times. funnily enough, she's doing a BHS on beam now and can do that sooooo much better than a cartwheel or BWO on beam. BWO she goes crooked and off the beam 99% of the time. she was able to do a BHS for level 5 mobility meet, thank goodness. i don't understand how she can do a BHS but not a BWO on beam. so i guess for level 7 a BWO/BHS series is out. haha

ps - she did ok on her CWBT dismount. she goes super slow on the CW though. it's comic to watch. she got a 9 on beam which i was pleasantly surprised at.

hahahaha
that stupid cartwheel was the death of me last year although she only fell once on it but she wobbled like crazy several times. funnily enough, she's doing a BHS on beam now and can do that sooooo much better than a cartwheel or BWO on beam. BWO she goes crooked and off the beam 99% of the time. she was able to do a BHS for level 5 mobility meet, thank goodness. i don't understand how she can do a BHS but not a BWO on beam. so i guess for level 7 a BWO/BHS series is out. haha

ps - she did ok on her CWBT dismount. she goes super slow on the CW though. it's comic to watch. she got a 9 on beam which i was pleasantly surprised at.
My daughter ended up with a 33% land rate on the DFC. If she hit it she was usually first or at least top three. Missed she zoomed right on down to 7th or below. She is doing much more consistent stuff with BHSs and BWOs

My daughter ended up with a 33% land rate on the DFC. If she hit it she was usually first or at least top three. Missed she zoomed right on down to 7th or below. She is doing much more consistent stuff with BHSs and BWOs
it's so interesting how some of the lessor skills they have issues with but the "harder" ones come easier/more consistent. as long as mine never has to do a BWO on beam we're good. :)

My dd competed the BHS in L5 because she could not get the BWO consistent. She did get her BWO/BHS/BT pretty easily and actually came in 2nd on beam at our first meet in L7 two weeks ago. Then she came out of practice this past weekend very happy they are letting her switch to BHS/BHS/BT. It's just much easier for her and the BWO really hurts her back. I am glad I don't watch practice. :D

My dd competed the BHS in L5 because she could not get the BWO consistent. She did get her BWO/BHS/BT pretty easily and actually came in 2nd on beam at our first meet in L7 two weeks ago. Then she came out of practice this past weekend very happy they are letting her switch to BHS/BHS/BT. It's just much easier for her and the BWO really hurts her back. I am glad I don't watch practice. :D

mine says she has it on the lower beam with pano (?) mats. it's not consistent but she's done it. our coaches let them do what they can. she totally flubbed her dismount yesterday though on beam. she's marking her CW BT and landed wonky and stepped off the mat. i swear if she did a BHS BT dismount she'd be ok. lol. somehow she still placed on beam though.

I hate the CW BT dismount.
Come to think of it, I hate beam in general. Or I should say I specifically hate beam.
Bars too.
hee hee...

i'm pretty much across the board nervous on all 4 events. my heart rate goes sky high anytime she's up. i just hate it. she's fine. wish i was more like her. haha. one of my close friends refuses to watch her daughter on beam. i'm about there. i'll watch the video after :)

mine says she has it on the lower beam with pano (?) mats. it's not consistent but she's done it. our coaches let them do what they can. she totally flubbed her dismount yesterday though on beam. she's marking her CW BT and landed wonky and stepped off the mat. i swear if she did a BHS BT dismount she'd be ok. lol. somehow she still placed on beam though.
I'm assuming she meant she has it with a "panel" mat folded and stacked on the sides of the beam. It makes for a wider flat surface to practice on. Next set will be to remove the panel mats and then work on moving it up to low-med-high beams.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back