Does your region give out anything to national finalists?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Jenny

Coach
Proud Parent
I was just reading a similar US thread about states and I was curious. Does your region make any awards/ gifts to those girls who qualify for national finals at national or compulsory grades or voluntary levels. Like a trophy or shield or something else.

Do they get gifted any kit to wear like a t shirt or bag?

In the South West if the compulsory girls qualify to the team for finals (assume it's the same for National grades). They get the envelope with their travel details in for finals. And they get a South West gymnastics leotard and tracksuit. However, I believe these have to be purchased rather than being awarded to the girls...

Australia, ours get a whole pile of stuff (tracksuit, top, leotard, bag etc) if you qualify top 6 in the state to go to nationals - all to be paid for by the parents of course. :)

Ha

surprise, surprise, here's a freebie, that will be a milion pounds please. I know when Pink competed for the county we had to buy the leotard

I think it is normal to buy (or rent) the leo and tracksuit. I was wondering more about a keepsake to show the achievement of representing your region like a little shield or something saying national finalist. I think it would be a nice thing.

In our region they don't get anything - you have to hire or buy the tracksuit and leotards You can also buy a tshirt with all the names on it

In my region the girls who get on the team for national finals get a bag with there name, region and national finals and the year printed on. They also get a tshirt with there name and region printed on and the warm up leotard to keep all for free. The only thing they have to give back is the competition leotard and they dont have to pay to hire it.

Realise I have wondered into the wrong forum and have beaten a hasty retreat ? :D;)

I asked a question, then re-read the earlier posts and saw that my question was already answered. It wouldn't let me delete my post, nor leave it blank, so I just typed one letter. I wasn't beating a hasty retreat, I was just removing an unnecessary and redundant post.

I didn't want to see a bunch of "if you had read the earlier posts..." That's all. I hate it when someone asks a question that has already been answered, I didn't want to be the one who did it. [emoji1303]

In my region the girls who get on the team for national finals get a bag with there name, region and national finals and the year printed on. They also get a tshirt with there name and region printed on and the warm up leotard to keep all for free. The only thing they have to give back is the competition leotard and they dont have to pay to hire it.

oh that is nice getting a bag , t shirt and warm up leo! How fab.

Ha

surprise, surprise, here's a freebie, that will be a milion pounds please. I know when Pink competed for the county we had to buy the leotard
Lol we used have a thing in our state where levels 1-3 competed to go on a regional team (so areas of the state), even then had to buy a comp leotard and polo shirt and there was optional shorts and jumper from memory. For one comp for levels 1-3!

One year one of mine was a reserve and her coach still tried to get me to buy her the leo, lol no way did any of my kids need an extra leo!

The SW have to buy the tracksuit but they borrow the warm up and competition leotard, but no keepsakes. It can be rented out, normally only the travelling reserve will rent it and sometimes they buy it, i guess as like a 'i was part of the SW team' kind of thing

I was just reading a similar US thread about states and I was curious. Does your region make any awards/ gifts to those girls who qualify for national finals at national or compulsory grades or voluntary levels. Like a trophy or shield or something else.

Do they get gifted any kit to wear like a t shirt or bag?

Nothing in our region as far as I know. They have to buy the warm up Leo if needed and comp leo, and a bag with their name on. The tracksuits were the standard gk ones but they have been discontinued but they did have to buy those too!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back