Parents An ah-hah moment

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

This article is why I love the gym my daughter goes to. They are serious when they need to be, but understand these girls are kids who need more in their life, and gymnastics is a compliment to that. They have fun on certain days, do school events, and still practice 24 hours a week as competitive gymnasts. They will not be elites, but some will do gymnastics in college. They love to compete, are strong competitors, who will never be quite as perfect as some the elite gym girls. But they are happy after their meets, vs. some of the serious elite gym girls who have to stand at attention after their meet while their coaches point out their flaws and sometimes yell at them (which I saw happen at state this weekend). Gymnastics is an addicting sport, even for a spectator like me. But I continuously see things that make me so happy my daughter goes to a gym that understands there is more than gymnastics too.

Someone else posted this as well, and it is definitely solid reading for everyone. It's funny what a rabbit hole gym can become. Funny weird, not funny ha ha.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back