Off Topic Not going to gym?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

kassgymnast_

Gymnast
I wasn't sure what to title this or what group to put it in so feel free to change it if necessary.

Okay so it's meet week, a meet on Saturday. I'm supposed to go to gym with the exception of Wednesday due to tutoring. However, this week I didn't go monday because I had a cheer meeting (meaning a lot of girls who go to my high school missed gym as well. and no i don't do high school gymnastics, just a few girls from my gym go to my school). And tuesday, I wasn't feeling well. I was really dizzy and was about to pass out so I didn't go. On wednesday i obviously had tutoring so i couldn't go. Today I had musical but I went to gym later, at 5:30. Got there around 6 on the second rotation.(bars. i didn't do vault which is ok.)

Anyways so i'm not sure if this is part of from when i wasn't feeling well tuesday or if it was because i haven't been to gym in over a week but i just could not do beam today. I'm supposed to compete back walkover bhs and an aerial at the meet on saturday and today SUCKED. My head was hurting a little. On bars my handstands were BARELY hitting, which I'm also supposed i compete this weekend. I fell on my full on floor! I don't understand. I ALWAYS make these skills (aside from the beam skills, which I was also falling on full turns which I'm pretty sure related to the headache). any explanation?? Does this happen when you don't go to gym for a while?

It sounds like you aren't 100% well.
A headache and getting over whatever made you feel dizzy/sick on Tuesday is not a recipe for a good practice.
Hope you feel better in the morning. Do you have training again before the meet?

It sounds like you aren't 100% well.
A headache and getting over whatever made you feel dizzy/sick on Tuesday is not a recipe for a good practice.
Hope you feel better in the morning. Do you have training again before the meet?

I don't have training before the meet because today would've been the only day but I had a cheer thing.

Hopefully you will be 100% before the meet and it goes well.
You do get warm up to get yourself back in gear.
And if it doesn't go well there's always next time :)

Hopefully you will be 100% before the meet and it goes well.
You do get warm up to get yourself back in gear.
And if it doesn't go well there's always next time :)

I woke up with some dizziness today so i'm not sure. I don't trust myself on beam right now and i'm contemplating to scratch. And luckily this meet does NOT count and we don't want this meet to be my best, we want to save it for the next meet (state).

I woke up with some dizziness today so i'm not sure. I don't trust myself on beam right now and i'm contemplating to scratch. And luckily this meet does NOT count and we don't want this meet to be my best, we want to save it for the next meet (state).

I would just do warmups and see how that goes. Maybe leave the skills you don't feel comfortable with out

Sounds like scratching is a good idea to me. You do not want to be doing gymnastics if you are sick esp if it includes dizziness.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back