Off Topic Year end party

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey all!
My head coach just came up to me and said I'm to take over the year end party this year...
I know what theatre wrap-ups are like but they were usually all teens/adults.
Not sure what to do that would be good for the 5 year olds and the 17 year olds...

What are some things your clubs have done?
Help me with some ideas....?!

We have a DJ and there is a picture slide show of meet pictures and just gymnasts hanging out with each other pictures that runs through to music. They do a brief speech about the year they present flowers to the graduating seniors and talk about what they are doing next. Then the DJ takes over (Dancing hula hoop contests and an impressive limbo contest). They had appetizers and a photo booth. Then they got all the girls together for a picture at the end. Pretty low key. They don't do any kind of "awards" more just a fun thing. Also the girls all get pretty dressed up--almost like semi formal. I was surprised by that it was DD first year on team and we were waaaayyyy under dressed.

A DJ is probably out of our budget. Start of year Kick Off is more formal, this one is laid back/casual. I like the idea of contests...

We do simple and cheap. Anyone can go (and pay for themselves/their families) to swim at the community pool before. Then at a given time, we all congregate in the park. Volunteers grill up burgers and hotdogs. Families bring side dishes. We have a big potluck. The kids mostly run around and play at the playground. Eventually the head coaches will talk for a few, recognize the graduating seniors, state/regional/national qualifiers, and staff. Then cake. Then go home.

We have a pot luck picnic at the gym. A parent leads up the potluck sign-up to make sure we have a good mix of foods (not just a table of dessert) and necessary paper products. Coaches say a few words about each team kid and give a yearly participation award, a bigger award is given to 1 kid in each level. Seniors are recognized (some sort of video presentation put together by their training group & a gift). That's about it.

A Field day type party would be fun--have contests like hoola hoop, water balloon toss, rope pull, handstand contest. You could split up into teams and award points for different contests.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back