WAG Xcel Nationals for 2018?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

You are not getting it. Its not about beating them to the punch, or protecting a franchise by USAG. It is that this is NOT a USAG Xcel National Championship, as it was being presented to be. They have changed the name in the last couple of days to say Xcel USA Championship. It is obvious that they wanted everyone to think that it was an Xcel National Championship, using the scores from the USAG Xcel Regional championships as a pre-qualification to enter the meet. Giving the impression that this is like the JO Nationals, a meet that uses Regional scores/placements as a pre-qualification to enter the meet.

USAG is letting people know that this is not a USAG Xcel National Championship.

I know a thing or 2 about 360 sports productions, and its not surprising to me that they were trying to mislead people. I know I'll get the usual snarky answers from certain members here, but I have knowledge of things that I can't share here, and I'm just not surprised.
Every action by USAG in this matter is to protect its brand, particularly when it involves someone marketing an event that appears to be misleading. Fact remains 360 Sports is hosting a post-Regional event, designed as a Championship, that is a USAG sanctioned event and is based on USAG Regional qualifying scores. Everything else is semantics.

Every action by USAG in this matter is to protect its brand, particularly when it involves someone marketing an event that appears to be misleading. Fact remains 360 Sports is hosting a post-Regional event, designed as a Championship, that is a USAG sanctioned event and is based on USAG Regional qualifying scores. Everything else is semantics.
You're kidding, right? You really don't get it, or are you just being difficult? Every meet that is USAG sanctioned--that is not the same as sponsored by or endorsed by-- is for insurance, legality, and liability, etc. This has nothing to do with USAG not getting money. USAG does not want people thinking it is an Xcel national championship such as the L10 JO Championship.

You're kidding, right? You really don't get it, or are you just being difficult? Every meet that is USAG sanctioned--that is not the same as sponsored by or endorsed by-- is for insurance, legality, and liability, etc. This has nothing to do with USAG not getting money. USAG does not want people thinking it is an Xcel national championship such as the L10 JO Championship.
who is talking about USAG not getting money? by the very fact that usag does not want people thinking this event is not an championship event like L10 JO Championship, they are protecting their brand. is that so difficult for you to understand?

enough with the really not getting it business please.

who is talking about USAG not getting money? by the very fact that usag does not want people thinking this event is not an championship event like L10 JO Championship, they are protecting their brand. is that so difficult for you to understand?

enough with the really not getting it business please.
You are really fixated on the "protecting their brand." Proving that you....sorry...really don't get it. And since you are going to continue beating this dead horse and refuse to see why USAG is distancing themselves from this meet, I'm done addressing you. They want people to understand that this is not an actual Xcel National Championship, because it is misleading and because it is not true. That's all. Its not about "protecting their brand."

Their brand is protected that is why the name of the meet was changed. Because it had to be. USAG has legal right to the brand.

You are really fixated on the "protecting their brand." Proving that you....sorry...really don't get it. And since you are going to continue beating this dead horse and refuse to see why USAG is distancing themselves from this meet, I'm done addressing you. They want people to understand that this is not an actual Xcel National Championship, because it is misleading and because it is not true. That's all. Its not about "protecting their brand."
Sayonara

Sorry everyone :( When I copied the FB post here, it was just to share what I thought was important information.....I never intended to incite any kind of debate. Mods feel free to delete my post or close this thread if needed. Again, I'm sorry!

Sorry everyone :( When I copied the FB post here, it was just to share what I thought was important information.....I never intended to incite any kind of debate. Mods feel free to delete my post or close this thread if needed. Again, I'm sorry!

You have no need to apologize; you did post important information and the debate that has ensued is valuable for everyone to understand the differences between types of meets. This has happened in the past and will continue to happen in the future. It is important to remember that some meet host can call their meet a "national championship" all day long, but the only true National Championships are under the auspices of USAG and currently only for Level 9 (Easterns and Westerns) and Level 10.

Here is a letter from Anne H. regarding this meet.

There are marketing materials circulating in the community regarding a 2018 Xcel Championships Invitational in Tennessee. It is important to understand that this invitational is NOT supported or endorsed by USA Gymnastics as an official Championship of any kind. The qualification requirements to this event ARE NOT governed by USA Gymnastics Women’s Rules and Policies. The athletes competing in the competition are participating in an Invitational, NOT a USA or National Championship.

If you have questions, please let me know.

Thank you,

Annie

I know a thing or 2 about 360 sports productions, and its not surprising to me that they were trying to mislead people. I know I'll get the usual snarky answers from certain members here, but I have knowledge of things that I can't share here, and I'm just not surprised.

THIS!

Here is a letter from Anne H. regarding this meet.

There are marketing materials circulating in the community regarding a 2018 Xcel Championships Invitational in Tennessee. It is important to understand that this invitational is NOT supported or endorsed by USA Gymnastics as an official Championship of any kind. The qualification requirements to this event ARE NOT governed by USA Gymnastics Women’s Rules and Policies. The athletes competing in the competition are participating in an Invitational, NOT a USA or National Championship.

If you have questions, please let me know.

Thank you,

Annie
So those of us assuming that this was not above board and not on the up-and-up were correct. My guess is the meet organizers received some sort of 'cease and desist' or 'change your advert' type of letter from USA Gymnastics.

So those of us assuming that this was not above board and not on the up-and-up were correct. My guess is the meet organizers received some sort of 'cease and desist' or 'change your advert' type of letter from USA Gymnastics.
Correct, this is straight from the Brass at USAG sent to me/everyone today 7:06 am PT time today.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back