Parents Watching practice- a no no?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My ODD excitedly told me about Simone's gym in Texas- she was reading her book- and how it has a parent's gym and a cafe. I hope it starts a trend! Ha!
My wife and I were talking last night about the idea of having a parent's gym at our gym. We have alot of parents watching at our gym as our rec program is pretty big and the space is conducive to watching. I opted for the nap pods, which didn't make my wife very happy.

My wife and I were talking last night about the idea of having a parent's gym at our gym. We have alot of parents watching at our gym as our rec program is pretty big and the space is conducive to watching. I opted for the nap pods, which didn't make my wife very happy.

Our gym offers a 2 hour parent class while the kids train on Monday's. I haven't done it yet because I'm afraid of injuring myself but have definitely thought about it, haha.

My ODD excitedly told me about Simone's gym in Texas- she was reading her book- and how it has a parent's gym and a cafe. I hope it starts a trend! Ha!
We have been to a number of gyms for meets. That have gyms (for working out) attached. I would love that. Kill 2 birds with one stone.

In fact my picture is one of those gyms. You can see the windows and the aerobic equipment in the background.

Our old gym has a workout area for parents but it turned out they really didn't like parents watching after all because they started getting more complaints about what their kid was/wasn't doing during practice.

Our gym offers a 2 hour parent class while the kids train on Monday's. I haven't done it yet because I'm afraid of injuring myself but have definitely thought about it, haha.

I would take that class if my daughter's gym offered it! But I am that mom who just can't resist trying a cartwheel or a beat jump on the floor beam if her daughter has left it out and no one is looking...

I would take that class if my daughter's gym offered it! But I am that mom who just can't resist trying a cartwheel or a beat jump on the floor beam if her daughter has left it out and no one is looking...

Oh, the kids at our gym will absolutely tell you that I am that parent after the round offs I was practicing in the hotel lobby last weekend... I think I am really just nervous to do that stuff in a non-joking way in front of a whole gym full of people.

Oh, the kids at our gym will absolutely tell you that I am that parent after the round offs I was practicing in the hotel lobby last weekend... I think I am really just nervous to do that stuff in a non-joking way in front of a whole gym full of people.
I'm an ACL or two waiting to happen, I do not wish to add a broken neck.

Isn't there a YouTube channel of a dad trying a bunch of gymnastics skills on his daughter's home equipment and at the park?

Isn't there a yi

Isn't there a YouTube channel of a dad trying a bunch of gymnastics skills on his daughter's home equipment and at the park?
Yeah, I was chatting with him on Instagram the other day and accepted his challenge to try it out on my YouTube channel but I'm getting cold feet.

Our gym has three viewing rooms - one that is adult only/quiet room, one that has a kids play area right off of it, and one that is on the second floor, looking down at the gymnasts. All are glassed so communication is limited to when the kids go in or come out. I have never heard of anyone told not to watch the kids, in fact once in a while the coaches can be seen trying to get a parent's attention to have them see a new skill.

The gym has a workout room for adults to use if they wish. Treadmills, a stationary bike, elliptical, weights...

Many parents drop off, it seems like more girls parents stay than boys.

Our gym has three viewing rooms - one that is adult only/quiet room, one that has a kids play area right off of it, and one that is on the second floor, looking down at the gymnasts. All are glassed so communication is limited to when the kids go in or come out. I have never heard of anyone told not to watch the kids, in fact once in a while the coaches can be seen trying to get a parent's attention to have them see a new skill.

The gym has a workout room for adults to use if they wish. Treadmills, a stationary bike, elliptical, weights...

Many parents drop off, it seems like more girls parents stay than boys.

What, no personal butler?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back