WAG rip that is healing like a burn? pic enclosed

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

You are lucky and blessed that she's never had a rip! My DD has been dealing with rips (and sometimes multiple at a time) since lvl 3 (she's now training lvl 7). And from experience I can tell you the warm tea bag (black tea) does dry it out and it can crack and bleed.
Oh - She has had rips, just doesn't get them often and usually not bad. Thanks for your pick. Your pic is exactly is what dd's looked like the first day and then they usually start to look much better. It's just they have never healed with all those little red bumps and blisters. They usually scab up differently.

It's healing , you can see the palm print in it . Bag balm
LOL My near vision has really suffered in the past year even with progressives, and I hadn't noticed the prints when looking directly at her hand. But now that you mention it, it is clear in the pic! Yes, that is a good sign that it is healing fine.

Does she get cold sores?
has never had one - why? ETA - She did have 2 pretty large warts that just wouldn't go away several years ago. Even with freezing several times. The finally disappeared after using a prescription gel we put on a few times a day for 3 months.

How do cold sores relate?
Herpetic Whitlow is caused by the same virus as cold sores. Its classic presentation is on a finger, but can also be on the palm or other places of the hand.
The mention of blisters probably made Carobc mention it as possible cause.

Herpetic Whitlow is caused by the same virus as cold sores. Its classic presentation is on a finger, but can also be on the palm or other places of the hand.
The mention of blisters probably made Carobc mention it as possible cause.

Yes, that's why I was asking. Sorry, CB has been crashing on me this week. If she does not get cold sores on her mouth, that would mean she's less likely to have the virus cause a lesion elsewhere. Most of us are carriers of the herpes simplex virus type 1, the virus that causes cold sores and rarely other presentations like herpetic whitlow, eye, or CNS infection (neonatal or immunocompromised persons). Those that are asymptomatic carriers do not get lesions, those that do are simply unlucky but still almost always only get mouth lesions.

*I am legally licensed to provide the above info.*

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back