Parents Another round of "Your kid might be a gymnast IF..."

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

rosiekat

Proud Parent
...he goes to baseball camp and knows nothing about baseball, but wins every single strength, conditioning, and agility contest. They finally called him off planks at 7:00 minutes since that blew the existing camp record away!

I'd love to hear your stories!

...They are always looking for floor music and creating floor routines.
....They go to the playground and do L hangs on the bar.
... They get a kick out of doing ROBLO or ROBT off the diving board.
... They get special permission to ride a zipline they don't meet the weight requirement after demonstrating a 3 minute L-hang.

They are always late or "can't" because they have practice - and they wouldn't want it any other way.

They proudly show off a beam bite to anyone who will look.

They are more excited to get a new skill than to get a first place ribbon.

...when they're doing handstands at the airport and you just let it go because a 4 hour flight with a squirrely gymnast is going to be hell and the more energy they get out the better....

We used to make him do 1-handed pushups in the airport when he was 5. I halfway considered putting a hat out to collect tips! People's reactions were so funny, but he loved doing it - he had just conquered the 1-handed ones at the time, so he was more than happy to keep doing them! I totally agree - any energy they can burn off ahead of time, the better!

You send your three year old to a bubbles and parachutes play class and after two weeks, the owner calls you up to see if she'd be willing to come a second day where the teachers were former gymnasts so she could get "real" training. We said no, but that fall, decided that maybe she should do gymnastics for real.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back