Parents Another round of "Your kid might be a gymnast IF..."

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

When you drop your kid off at summer camp and tell her "No trying new tumbling tricks in the grass," but you know she's not going to listen.

When you pick the kid up from camp and ask her if she missed gymnastics, and her response is, "No, I was doing gymnastics the whole time I was at camp."

When the ledge on the edge of an above ground swimming pool is actually a beam.

When you drop your kid off at summer camp and tell her "No trying new tumbling tricks in the grass," but you know she's not going to listen.

When you pick the kid up from camp and ask her if she missed gymnastics, and her response is, "No, I was doing gymnastics the whole time I was at camp."

When the ledge on the edge of an above ground swimming pool is actually a beam.
At DD's summer camp they used to have mats out for the kids to play on. Not any more, thanks to guess-who!

Strangers can just tell she's a gymnast by the posture, musculature, and weird gymnast running style.
One beggars night, we went an hour away from home to get candy. The girls dressed up in track suits - warn ups from 5 years earlier... And leotards under. Their hair was in basic pony tails. You couldn't see the leotard. The warm ups did NOT say gymnastics on them or have the name of a team.
We got to one house and the guy passing out candy saw OG and said "You're a gymnast!" We said that is what she was dressed as, and he insisted she really was one. He also said he guessed that YG was also one (but wasn't sure because both girls were wearing the same size warm ups and they were only slightly big on OG, so extra big on YG).
We got that a few times that night.

When it is so hard to find a one piece swimsuit because of a long torso, small waist, and swimsuits NOT sized like leotards, lol.
YG wore the same 2T bikini until she was 7. Then we got her a 5T bikini because she needed a size 8-10 to fit her torso, but... It fit nowhere else.
Of course, that was the same year she finally gave up her favorite pair of size 18-24 months jean shorts. We "convinced" her to switch to a pair of 4T jean shorts. It was a hard sell because TECHNICALLY the smaller ones still fit - the inseam was just getting too short at 1/2 inch, lol.

When you talk about and rate non-gymnastics things according to the 10.0 scale and refer to issues as deductions. For example - what did you think about those fireworks at the festival? - eh...I'll give them an 8.5... the finale was weak so that was a .5 deduction ;). Haha.

...he goes to baseball camp and knows nothing about baseball, but wins every single strength, conditioning, and agility contest. They finally called him off planks at 7:00 minutes since that blew the existing camp record away!

I'd love to hear your stories!
When the Army wants to recruit her! LOL..we were at the county fair and they had a display and she was doing a whole bunch of chin ups and leg lifts..they said no one did that many..

Yes, this... I was going to add that when you walk around at the pool on your hands and everyone is amazed. Or when you're at the beach and a random stranger asks you if your a gymnast by the way you run.

You walk around the track on your hands.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back