Predictions for USA women's team for worlds?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Locklear is so shaky on beam I'm kinda surprised she's on the list. I get that her bars are decent but McCusker and Smith are keeping up with her there. I think Chiles , with her vault potential and her overall "being on the upswing" with her gymnastics, would be a better pick. And Carey, kudos to her if she ends up going....JOs in May, Worlds in October!! And they said that the Kayla Williams feat couldn't happen again....

Remember that can change, they have to submit a team by a certain date, but members can be changed.
Yes, it will be finalized after camp, but this is the list of those athletes currently penciled in. It is who we thought it would be based on the information we had at the time this thread was stsrted. I am curious to see what will happen if Jordan shows up at camp with 2 solid vaults. That may change the mix somewhat. Hopefully everyone stays healthy and has a good meet.

Locklear is so shaky on beam I'm kinda surprised she's on the list. I get that her bars are decent but McCusker and Smith are keeping up with her there. I think Chiles , with her vault potential and her overall "being on the upswing" with her gymnastics, would be a better pick. And Carey, kudos to her if she ends up going....JOs in May, Worlds in October!! And they said that the Kayla Williams feat couldn't happen again....

She competed JOs in 2016, not this year.

The elite JO thing kind of frustrates me. I think should. A Gymnast have the skills to Compete then they should compete.

The elite JO thing kind of frustrates me. I think should. A Gymnast have the skills to Compete then they should compete.

Nah some families just do not want to deal with the crazy, and the expense, that elite brings. Lots of super talented JO 10 girls just headed for college, and want nothing more.

I agree. If they don't feel like "training elite " at 8 but have the skills and desire to go for it at 17 but have never been "in the system", they should be considered. Like Bog said, a lot of great JO kids ( and families) have no desire to live on a crazy elite schedule but maybe later on they might change their minds.

I agree. If they don't feel like "training elite " at 8 but have the skills and desire to go for it at 17 but have never been "in the system", they should be considered. Like Bog said, a lot of great JO kids ( and families) have no desire to live on a crazy elite schedule but maybe, later on, they might change their minds.

I so agree with this. I can't explain, USAG, feels like insider trading. As an organization and a country, we should want to be represented by the best we have, not the best we have in this one particular division of one organization.

Every little girl who has entered the crazy world of gymnastics has dreamed of the Olympics. Should one of those girls be a Level 10 JO and have the skills to compete she should be given the opportunity to win a spot to fulfill that dream. Not being able to because they didn't TEST elite and blah blah blah is plain hogwash.

Every little girl who has entered the crazy world of gymnastics has dreamed of the Olympics. Should one of those girls be a Level 10 JO and have the skills to compete she should be given the opportunity to win a spot to fulfill that dream. Not being able to because they didn't TEST elite and blah blah blah is plain hogwash.

Everyone does have the opportunity. I'm confused by what you are trying to say. There is no age limit to qualifying elite.

Girls have gone from L10 JO nationals to worlds.

My OG never dreamed of going to the Olympics... And the only dreams YG ever had was when one of our Olympians shared her name - and she never dreamed of herself going.
They both dreamed of competing Optionals and medaling at YMCA Nationals... And that was as far as it went. And those dreams didn't start until 2011.

Nah some families just do not want to deal with the crazy, and the expense, that elite brings. Lots of super talented JO 10 girls just headed for college, and want nothing more.

Yes this pretty much sums up Jade. Her dad is her coach and a gym owner. They were well versed in crazy elite world. Jade didn't want anything but college until recently!!

McKusker has pulled out of selection camp due to injury. I would assume that means she can't go to worlds, although I guess that depends on the severity of the injury! If she doesn't go, I wonder what this will mean for the team selection....

If she is too injured to go to camp, she is not going to worlds. With Riley pulling out due to injury, will it be Jordan? Does anyone know if Trinity has the ability to upgrade her vault from P&G's? She actually beat Jordan's AA total on 2nd day while behind 1.4 in vault D. If Trinity has a 1 1/2 or double in her bag she may be in the running to beat Jordan out for that spot.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back