Off Topic I found a new addiction...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I resisted for so long.... when I finally got it I swore up and down I would not be one of those crazed adicts :p ..... sadly the number of times I now check it says otherwise!! :rolleyes:

I have one too, but find that since school's started back up, I'm not able to use it as much as I did during the summer!!

-Lynn

I'm hooked. My church friends are on it and if I don't check it I can't keep up with the conversations on Sunday. Now I've gotten my sister and other non-church friends on it too.

My sister has connected with a bunch of her HS friends from 20+ years ago.

I love it!

I admit, I`m a Facebook addict! Especially now I found a new awesome application: Yoville! It is SOOOO cute! You can make your own little avatar and check in for `work`, and decorate your own apartment!

I'm on it, but I have to say I don't use it much, I don't want the whole world to know everything about me. I see people have 90+ friends, but they are not really friends are they?

I also read an article about a guy who decided that for work reasons her wanted to close his accoung, well....the only way he could do it was by going to every place he had ever commented and deleting the posts. It took him forever. You cannot just close your account, be warned.

I have a few friends who live on Facebook, I have a similar issue with this place!!

I use facebook. I resisted signing up for a while because of the bad things everyone talks about, but so far it's great. I haven't even had anyone request to become my friend that I didn't know.

I also read an article about a guy who decided that for work reasons her wanted to close his accoung, well....the only way he could do it was by going to every place he had ever commented and deleting the posts. It took him forever. You cannot just close your account, be warned.

Well you can just close your account, it just won't delete everything you've ever written off your Facebook because that would be weird. Most stuff is like that. If you close an account on most message boards, it doesn't delete everything you've ever written. However unless someone from work had access to every single page he ever wrote on and knew how to spontaneously find them (it's not like you can hit "wall-to-wall" on a closed account) then I don't know why it would really matter. I just make my account friends only and unsearchable.

i finally got a facebook too and love it! i convinced my little sister, older brother and mom all to get one too lol.

i'd love to add CB people too! feel free to add me!

Login | Facebook

<3

Well you can just close your account, it just won't delete everything you've ever written off your Facebook because that would be weird. Most stuff is like that. If you close an account on most message boards, it doesn't delete everything you've ever written. However unless someone from work had access to every single page he ever wrote on and knew how to spontaneously find them (it's not like you can hit "wall-to-wall" on a closed account) then I don't know why it would really matter. I just make my account friends only and unsearchable.

You can't close your account unless you delete everything you have done, you can deactivate it. The following is a link about one guys struggle to do it, a bit grown up in places.

2504 Steps to closing your Facebook account. | Steven Mansour

Interestingly enough if they find out that you are under 13, like here, they can delete your whole account no problem. It is clear that they keep all your personal info on file unless you go through the long process of retracing all your cyber steps!

Which is why I have decided to keep my Facebook page dull and boring. It is just another reason to be careful what you post, especially if your page is available for all to see.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back