WAG Discussion of abuse in USAG - Nassar

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

It is heartbreaking to watch some of the testimonies shared today. As hard as that has to be for them, how wonderful it is that they have the opportunity to share their truth with Larry sitting there having to listen to every word. I hope it is the start of healing for those victims. The judge has been so caring and understanding of the pain they have gone through, some for many years.

What a horrible thing that has gone on far too long...

I’m watching the live stream now, and I, too, am so impressed with the judge.

One victim this morning said she had called MSU and reported Nassar, but nothing was done. He should have been fired right away! I just don't understand. Then in 2014 MSU gave him some "new guidelines" to follow. What he was doing was OBVIOUSLY unprofessional. He should never have had to be told to use gloves, get consent, etc. It was obvious!

Reactions: sce
Why are the Karolyis so quiet about all of this?
Because they are retired. They have successfully weathered allegations of abuse in the past. They have nothing to gain by saying anything. Their lawyers probably wouldn't let them, even if they wanted to.

Because they are retired. They have successfully weathered allegations of abuse in the past. They have nothing to gain by saying anything. Their lawyers probably wouldn't let them, even if they wanted to.
Right. That makes sense, but how nice for them to escape scot free from all of this when they were part of the enabling too. It doesn't seem right. But yes, I suppose it doesn't do any good to go after the people who are now retired.

Right. That makes sense, but how nice for them to escape scot free from all of this when they were part of the enabling too. It doesn't seem right. But yes, I suppose it doesn't do any good to go after the people who are now retired.

To me them being retired doesn’t free them from accountability - for all we know, this information on the verge of becoming public is the very reason WHY they retired. Just like when Nassar stepped down, were supposed to believe it’s just a huge coincidence...:/.

To me them being retired doesn’t free them from accountability - for all we know, this information on the verge of becoming public is the very reason WHY they retired. Just like when Nassar stepped down, were supposed to believe it’s just a huge coincidence...:/.

yes a million times

I think most gyms, and USAG, aren't putting out any statements on this because they are hoping Nassar pulls a Marvin Sharp and makes himself go away for good, along with all the accusers. I personally think the world would be better off without Nassar breathing and living but I think he needs to face the consequences of his actions.

I don't know whatever happened with Sharp's victims but after he killed himself it seemed like that whole group vanished as well, and things continued on for USAG as before....I think they're hoping for this same scenario.

To me them being retired doesn’t free them from accountability
I never said it did. But because they are no longer in the spotlight or associated with the National Team, they (and their lawyers, and probably USAG) probably think it is best to lay low.

The Marvin Sharp situation looked less bad for USAG because he was doing this at his gym that he owned, not at someplace where he had a boss to answer to. Nassar on the other hand committed these crimes while working for Gedderts, working for the Ranch, working for MSU, at the Olympics for the USOC, etc.

It's insane that NO ONE stopped or removed him from any of these positions.

A coach just spoke alongside his former gymnast and talked about the guilt he feels because he said he probably sent over 100 girls to Nassar for treatment. I’m sure quite a few feel that way. He also told him to “look at her” as she was speaking and to “go to Hell.” I like that guy.

A coach just spoke alongside his former gymnast and talked about the guilt he feels because he said he probably sent over 100 girls to Nassar for treatment. I’m sure quite a few feel that way. He also told him to “look at her” as she was speaking and to “go to Hell.” I like that guy.

You might be a little delayed in the feed. That was earlier today. But agreed. The few words he did speak were very sharp.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back