WAG Some news on Geddert himself - suspended

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Oh my that is the group that went crazy on us not long ago. Hahahaha! Nothing that goes on there is sane.

Ah yes Instagram-gate....o_O

Interesting how I’ve seen none of the huge well known Instagram/gymnastics Instagymmies say a word of support to the girls and women effected by Nassar. Some of them have huge platforms on Instagram why not use it to spread a little awareness (or at least support).

Ah yes Instagram-gate....o_O

Interesting how I’ve seen none of the huge well known Instagram/gymnastics Instagymmies say a word of support to the girls and women effected by Nassar. Some of them have huge platforms on Instagram why not use it to spread a little awareness (or at least support).

I would be awfully suspicious that USAG had sent out a directive to the nat team to keep quiet. But I guess we will never know.

Reactions: sce
No, she means the Insta-gymmies who are 7-8 years-old and have huge followings on IG. They haven’t commented bc all they are concerned about is followers and trying to make their kids famous. And for the record, I am NOT talking about IG accounts that are about actual gymnastics. I’m talking the ones who are brand ambassadors, wear a ton of makeup at age 7, etc...

No, she means the Insta-gymmies who are 7-8 years-old and have huge followings on IG. They haven’t commented bc all they are concerned about is followers and trying to make their kids famous. And for the record, I am NOT talking about IG accounts that are about actual gymnastics. I’m talking the ones who are brand ambassadors, wear a ton of makeup at age 7, etc...

Oh I am sure they think they are immune to all of this too. DO not want to hurt their brand by talking about the subject either. A real shame, but social media "influencers"tend to be rather vacuous.

I've seen a couple just post pics of their gymmie with the abused gymnast with a comment like, "we love you". To be honest, that just makes me roll my eyes. Nothing like inserting your kid into a very real tragedy.

Anyone know if kai rivers left twistar? She was one of his stars last year winning by nationals and nastia cup and committing to Lsu

Anyone know if kai rivers left twistar? She was one of his stars last year winning by nationals and nastia cup and committing to Lsu

A parent on a Facebook forum from Twistars said that no upper level/elite athletes have left ‘in quite some time’
Twistars also has a policy that level 10/elite has to give SIX months notice before leaving the gym for a new one.

A parent on a Facebook forum from Twistars said that no upper level/elite athletes have left ‘in quite some time’
Twistars also has a policy that level 10/elite has to give SIX months notice before leaving the gym for a new one.

Wow, 6 months?? That seems incredibly unfair, and designed to enable the type of abuse that is being reported at that gym.

You can write almost anything reasonable into a contract. Like a promise not to compete for another gym. Or payment of a significant lump sum for early exit.

Something like that in a contract would give me the heebee jeebies. Sounds like another fear tactic. And confirmation of what has been said--that he only cares about his gymnasts insofar as they bring him $$$ and/or recognition.

I mean, does he really have the time, energy, money, resources to sue the families of gymnasts who leave without 6 months notice?

And for those who actually give notice, I can only imagine how they are spoken to/treated. Especially considering how Lindsay Lemke said she and her fellow gymnasts were treated when things were "normal"

I’m wondering, given the allegations surrounding the atmosphere in the gym, if the contract would even hold up? It’s one thing to leave because you simply don’t want to be there anymore, but if there is verbal and/or physical abuse going on, I think you’d be hard pressed to find a judge who would say that a family should be penalized for pulling their child from that situation.

Something like that in a contract would give me the heebee jeebies. Sounds like another fear tactic. And confirmation of what has been said--that he only cares about his gymnasts insofar as they bring him $$$ and/or recognition.

I mean, does he really have the time, energy, money, resources to sue the families of gymnasts who leave without 6 months notice?

And for those who actually give notice, I can only imagine how they are spoken to/treated. Especially considering how Lindsay Lemke said she and her fellow gymnasts were treated when things were "normal"
Luckily, ABUSE is NOT in the contract and it would be like a "constructive eviction" for someone with a lease. They can break a lease if the house is unsafe. In the same way, a gymnast can leave an abusive gym. IF they are sued, they can fight it and countersue to get any unused monies returned.
Or the gymnast can leave and sue for the return of the monies pre-emptively.

There's a Facebook group called The Crazy Mamas of Gymnastics where there are people who are commenting on still being happy at Twistars. No one is defending Nassar, but still...

One mother made the comment “I just have a hard time believing that about John.” Seriously? That statement is probably why Nassar was able to abuse as many as he did for so long.

And my guess is the Instaparents aren’t well informed and don’t want to speak out against USGA and possibly risk losing their ambassadorships and other freebies. Priorities right?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back