WAG Nationals Ticket Prices Are INSANE!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My guess is those super pricey ones include VIP experiences and such...still think it’s too much though.

What are they thinking!? $725 for loge level, who would pay that?? The very cheapest balcony seats are $185, if I’m reading it right. I’m shocked.

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/tdgarden/EN/buy/quickbuy/2459
The $725 is the VIP package, includes a meet and greet I think among other things. And the tickets are for all 8 sessions. But yeah, expensive. Our gym is offering early bird pricing, so I am thinking about buying a pair, but we only want to see Men’s, and I hate to waste tickets. I wish we knew how much each individual session would cost.

While I agree that trials are more prestigious, remember that men’s and women’s trials were separate the most recent year, so that ticket price was only two sessions. This is for eight sessions, over four days, junior and senior men and women.

The $725 is the VIP package, includes a meet and greet I think among other things. And the tickets are for all 8 sessions. But yeah, expensive. Our gym is offering early bird pricing, so I am thinking about buying a pair, but we only want to see Men’s, and I hate to waste tickets. I wish we knew how much each individual session would cost.
I would go ahead and buy the early bird tickets. Generally the women’s sessions are easiest to sell, or perhaps you could find someone at your gym that only wants the women’s sessions and partner up?

Sorry for the rambling on, but thinking about it, JO and Excel meets in the US often run $10/$15/$20 a session, right? Is $25-$95 per session for the elite National championships really that outrageous?

FWIW, we went last year and a few weeks before the event there were lots of very great, very cheap seats available on stubhub. They were corporate seats/boxes that were being unloaded. It’s a risky strategy to wait and I’m sure all venues are different, but FYI. Or better yet, buy the full price tickets and support the sport. Without the sponsors someone’s got to pay!

While I agree that trials are more prestigious, remember that men’s and women’s trials were separate the most recent year, so that ticket price was only two sessions. This is for eight sessions, over four days, junior and senior men and women.

Well, unless you have a kid or close friend who is competing, most people are not attending every session.... for Worlds in Montreal and Glasgow, we ended up "wasting" all the MAG tickets (no offense) due to time constraints. There were 7 of us in GLA and 6 in Montreal, that's a lot of extra money spent....

I would go ahead and buy the early bird tickets. Generally the women’s sessions are easiest to sell, or perhaps you could find someone at your gym that only wants the women’s

I actually am trying! I don’t know a lot of families on the girls side though, which makes it tougher.

We didn't pay that for worlds in Glasgow the year before the Olympics, and those were for good seats for all 7 days. Even the gold seats at worlds were not that much.

USAG needs to seriously look at the way they sell tickets to parents and family for meets like these.

I want to say the GLA tickets were $375-400 for all the sessions, and we had awesome seats!

I’ve never been to either Montreal or Boston so can’t speak to what they are like as host cities to visit, but I think Boston would be interesting. And have never been to the Garden but it looks cool on TV!

I actually am trying! I don’t know a lot of families on the girls side though, which makes it tougher.
I think it would be pretty easy to find someone who just want the women’s sessions just by asking a few families! If you don’t mind, How much are the early bird tickets?

I’ve never been to either Montreal or Boston so can’t speak to what they are like as host cities to visit, but I think Boston would be interesting. And have never been to the Garden but it looks cool on TV!

Boston is an amazing city, very pricey hotels though.

Montreal is also super but they used the Olympic stadium for worlds, and that place is very rough.

Lots to do in both places, as well as surrounding areas. This is why I do not attend all sessions, because I do enjoy sightseeing as well!

I think it would be pretty easy to find someone who just want the women’s sessions just by asking a few families! If you don’t mind, How much are the early bird tickets?

VIP platinum is $499, gold is $199, silver is $159 and bronze is $119. Upper level end is $185 no matter what.

VIP platinum is $499, gold is $199, silver is $159 and bronze is $119. Upper level end is $185 no matter what.
At those prices I would go ahead and buy, even if only interested in the men's sessions. Don't think you'd have any trouble finding someone who would be willing to buy the tickets to the four women's sessions from you for $99/$79/$59( or $25/$20/$15 per session).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back