Switch Gyms?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

Deleted member 21627

So last season I moved to a new gym. It was great at the time but now that the season is over I don’t think I’m getting enough out of it. We don’t do very much training and only do 9 hours a week. Another gym near me trains a lot more and would most likely fit me better. The thing is I really love my team and I think it would be weird to switch after 1 year. Should I switch to the other gym or should I stay at my current gym?

Oh yeah, my friend also tried out at a new gym and they said she did/ was thought a lot of things wrong/improperly.

6 with some 7 and 8 skills
Have you talked with your coach? It isn't uncommon at my gym to do practices with other groups. Are those 9 hours a week used effectively or is there a lot of standing around? What do you feel is the biggest weakness of the program for you?

Have you talked with your coach? It isn't uncommon at my gym to do practices with other groups. Are those 9 hours a week used effectively or is there a lot of standing around? What do you feel is the biggest weakness of the program for you?
I have not talked to my couch yet but that could be an option. Most of the time we aren’t standing around but sometimes everyone gets off task. I think that the biggest weakness it that we don’t train or condition enough.

I have not talked to my couch yet but that could be an option. Most of the time we aren’t standing around but sometimes everyone gets off task. I think that the biggest weakness it that we don’t train or condition enough.
Coach*

You could do conditioning at home if you feel that is the biggest weakness. The first step should be to talk to your coach right now

Like others suggested I would talk to your coach about your concerns. After talking to your coach I would wait a few weeks to see if anything changes then reevaluate the situation to see if I still want to be at the current gym.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back