Parents Tops testing results

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

No. Eventually USAG will post a list of gymnasts who qualified for national testing at each age group (without scores). But as far as individual scores go after testing, you can only get those if your coach chooses to share with parents/gymnasts. Ours do.... but maybe not all.

On a related note, if your gym shares with you the raw data only, one of the math savvy moms in our TOPS group figured out how to convert it to an adjusted score within a few tenths...

Reactions: sce
Kim Riley just posted the halfway scores in the Tops group on facebook.
Hi! I am new. How do I find the TOPs facebook group? My daughter made B team last year and just tested last Friday (one and done). I have her worksheet so would love to see how its looking for her.

Hi! I am new. How do I find the TOPs facebook group? My daughter made B team last year and just tested last Friday (one and done). I have her worksheet so would love to see how its looking for her.

Here is the post. It’s just called TOPs on Facebook.

Happy Fourth of July!!!!
Half way through TOPS Testing 2018

Based on scores submitted to date
7 years old. 25th place. 40 points
8 years old. 50th place. 70 points
9 years old 50th place. 74 points
10 years old. 50th place. 81 points

Half way scores half way through testing

Good luck training and testing!!!!

Here is the post. It’s just called TOPs on Facebook.

Happy Fourth of July!!!!
Half way through TOPS Testing 2018

Based on scores submitted to date
7 years old. 25th place. 40 points
8 years old. 50th place. 70 points
9 years old 50th place. 74 points
10 years old. 50th place. 81 points

Half way scores half way through testing

Good luck training and testing!!!!
Thank you!!

On a related note, if your gym shares with you the raw data only, one of the math savvy moms in our TOPS group figured out how to convert it to an adjusted score within a few tenths...
How do I join the TOPs group? I have my daughters score sheet.

@Skysthelimit -- I wasn't referring to the Facebook group (I'm not a member; couldn't even find it actually so if you have a link that would be great). I was just referring to our gym's group. I can send you a message with info re: crunching the numbers if you want. Let me know...

@Skysthelimit -- I wasn't referring to the Facebook group (I'm not a member; couldn't even find it actually so if you have a link that would be great). I was just referring to our gym's group. I can send you a message with info re: crunching the numbers if you want. Let me know...

I actually found the TOPs social group here but my request to join hasn't been responded to so it would be great if you can send me the crunching numbers. I think I figured it out though.
Skills 60% and possible 92 points so 60/92 = .652 * my daughters score; PA 40% and possible 86 points so 40/86 = .465* my daughters score. Then add the 2 scores together. If that is the case she should be good.(Fingers crossed)

Here is the link to the FB tops group that I am also waiting for approval for: https://www.facebook.com/groups/897915813553421/?ref=br_rs

I actually found the TOPs social group here but my request to join hasn't been responded to so it would be great if you can send me the crunching numbers. I think I figured it out though.
Skills 60% and possible 92 points so 60/92 = .652 * my daughters score; PA 40% and possible 86 points so 40/86 = .465* my daughters score. Then add the 2 scores together. If that is the case she should be good.(Fingers crossed)

Here is the link to the FB tops group that I am also waiting for approval for: https://www.facebook.com/groups/897915813553421/?ref=br_rs
Hi, my daughter just tested and I’m trying to figure out her score. I thought the flexibility had to be divided by 3, giving physical abilities a possible 62 points.
Hi, my daughter just tested and I’m trying to figure out her score. Do you have the formula to determine the final score? I thought the flexibility had to be divided by 3, making 62 points possible for physical abilities. And then simply taking the 60% and 40% and adding the two. Thank you so much in advance for your help.

Physical abilities is out of 62 points and weighted score can be calculated taking the PAx100/62x40% (or .4)
Skill abilities is out of 92 and weighted score can be calculated taking SAx100/92x60% (or .6)

This formula was shared a year or so ago by a member and gets you pretty close to their weighted score.

Yes, the flexibility (kicks) score needs to be divided by 3 (round down if you get a .333 and round up if you get a .666). To calculate rope and handstand hold, you need to add 1 second to rope time for each fault (if any) and subtract 2 seconds from handstand hold time for each fault (if any), then use the following chart to figure out score: https://usagym.org/PDFs/Women/TOPs/Testing/2017/handstand.pdf For 10 year olds, you can get very close to the adjusted score by simply adding both PA and Skills scores together (once you properly calculate PA score based on info above), then multiply by 0.65. Not perfect but will get you within a few tenths I think. Of course, I'm no expert... so take with a grain of salt! (Also assume formula would be slightly different for other age groups; but we were all testing as 10 year olds).

....50th place, halfway through testing, was an 81? Wouldn’t that put her in the top half of scores?
Yes she would be...I have no idea what it was last year at 1/2 way point to compare. I just know the cut off was around 82 for last several years. Lower for 9 year old.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back