Parents National TOPs Scores

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My dd isn't in this race but I've been following along b/c a friends dd tested.

I'm happy, yet disappointed. Missed A Team by .03.
Congrats for your dd making B. Congrats to everyone that made it.

This may have been answered but it sounds like DIC is the most elite followed A and then B. If that's the case why is A free and DIC isn't?

This may have been answered but it sounds like DIC is the most elite followed A and then B. If that's the case why is A free and DIC isn't?
I'm assuming they use the camps as a sort of money maker for other things, but not sure. I also find it interesting that DIC camp is $500 while invite camp is $250, some girls will have their camp fee funded so they don't have to pay the fee, not sure how many get it funded though and not sure if any DIC campers get funding or not. I think funding is only for developmental and national camp, but I could be wrong.

My guess would because A Camp is a once year goal/achievement kind of thing for the TOPS program. DIC is it's own animal that happens multiple times a year and a gymnast can be a regular attendee if she is invited back over and over.

Reactions: sce
So, the next question becomes, "How much dies B Camp cost?"
In the recent past B camp has been around $500-550 for camp fee and room and board for the athlete, $300 for room and board for the coach. Since Flippylily's mom says invite camp has remained similar cost as it has been in the past, would expect Tops camp to also.

I'm assuming they use the camps as a sort of money maker for other things, but not sure. I also find it interesting that DIC camp is $500 while invite camp is $250, some girls will have their camp fee funded so they don't have to pay the fee, not sure how many get it funded though and not sure if any DIC campers get funding or not. I think funding is only for developmental and national camp, but I could be wrong.
I think $250 is for camp fee, $250 is for room and board. So invite camp girls get the camp(coaching) for free, but have to pay for their meals and room.

I think $250 is for camp fee, $250 is for room and board. So invite camp girls get the camp(coaching) for free, but have to pay for their meals and room.
that would make sense, I was just shocked when I heard from the moms of the three girls from our gym who got invited to DIC that it was twice as much as devo camp!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back