DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Wrong size grips or something else

• Wrong size

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Something else

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
so, I just got into college gymnastics after 3 years of not doing gymnastics so, I had to get new grips so, I go reisport grips in a size 2 (my hand is just a little smaller than 7”) but they really hurt my wrist REALLY hurt and the finger holes came and they were to big for my fingers so they slide down my fingers towards my palm. So my old grips the finger holes use to sit between my first and second knuckles but, now it’s sitting my closer to my first knuckle(knuckle closest to palm) so i don’t know if it’s just because I’ve not done bars in forever or if they are the wrong size or something else. Please help me.

I have problems with my grips hurting my wrist when I first get them as they aren't worn in. I also notice a little pain after an extended period of time off. Either one of those could be the problem. The holes on the grips just might have been produced bigger than your fingers. Our gym has had girls with that problem. To fix it the gymnast usually just tapes up their fingers to keep their grips in the right spot. Hope this helps.

I have problems with my grips hurting my wrist when I first get them as they aren't worn in. I also notice a little pain after an extended period of time off. Either one of those could be the problem. The holes on the grips just might have been produced bigger than your fingers. Our gym has had girls with that problem. To fix it the gymnast usually just tapes up their fingers to keep their grips in the right spot. Hope this helps.
YES, this did help. Thank you so so much for the help :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back