WAG Qualifying to Nationals

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

In Region 6, Senior C, there is a qualifier with a 34AA score. Is that right? I crossed checked the score with mymeetscores thinking it may just be a typo. But that is the score. Hmmmm.

In Region 6, Senior C, there is a qualifier with a 34AA score. Is that right? I crossed checked the score with mymeetscores thinking it may just be a typo. But that is the score. Hmmmm.
looks like they overlooked that. It does state on the top that they must have a 35 so I think it was just an oversight when they were typing it. It should be a blank space

Some people knew at our awards. Our gym had a senior F find out they were for region 2 on Thursday. Some age groups didn’t have enough even entered into the meet so they knew spots would be available.

The girls and coaches know by now, and I remember seeing a list in the past. Last year we had an alternate know before the weekend was done. I don't think it was as many slots as there are this year though, and lots of 35s in some regions as well.

Yep. One of the girls in our gym filled a level 9 spot for another region and she found out right away after competing.

34 vacant spots in Region 2. The total population of Alaska, Hawaii Idaho Montana Oregon and Washington is probably less than Texas alone. This is nuts.
every year...... meanwhile region one is stacked to the limit. we have/Had kids not qualify with high 37's every year. Last year our 28 kids who placed 6th or 7th at regionals traveled to nationals and accounted for 7 top 10 AA finishes including 2 National Team members! (thats 25% of our 6/7 place kids). Thats how deep region one is. No other region even came close to those numbers. It would be great if someday..... they would let us at least put one state into region 2....

every year...... meanwhile region one is stacked to the limit. we have/Had kids not qualify with high 37's every year. Last year our 28 kids who placed 6th or 7th at regionals traveled to nationals and accounted for 7 top 10 AA finishes including 2 National Team members! (thats 25% of our 6/7 place kids). Thats how deep region one is. No other region even came close to those numbers. It would be great if someday..... they would let us at least put one state into region 2....
That would be an easy and pretty good solution. Put Northern California in region 2!

It would be "easy" except that no one wants to go to region 2. We are the step-child region sadly. :( If it weren't for Jordan Chiles I think we'd be disregarded altogether. Maybe not for real, but that's what it feels like sometimes.
Open a gym and get some good coaches!!! The less competitive regions need more quality programs! :)

Open a gym and get some good coaches!!! The less competitive regions need more quality programs! :)

Yes we do need more quality programs. The challenging part is the "good coaches" aspect. It's kind of a chicken and the egg dilemma. To get a quality program you need good coaches. But to convince good coaches to come you kind of need a quality program. It's a rare coach to have the ambition and drive AND the desire to move to a less-recognized region in an often more rural-ish location to build a program. Our gym is one of the lucky ones actually.

Yes we do need more quality programs. The challenging part is the "good coaches" aspect. It's kind of a chicken and the egg dilemma. To get a quality program you need good coaches. But to convince good coaches to come you kind of need a quality program. It's a rare coach to have the ambition and drive AND the desire to move to a less-recognized region in an often more rural-ish location to build a program. Our gym is one of the lucky ones actually.
$$$$$. Is convincing

Yes so true! Valid point. Within our region there were groups that varied tremendously in numbers within level 9 and 10. Ranging from 13 to 26 respectively. Would you happen to know why they wouldn’t alter the birthdate ranges? I believe they are set after all states have completed state competition. So it seems they could just take each the number of 10’s in region and split evenly. I’m sure it’s not that easy and I by all means don’t know the ins and outs but thought you may.
They can't alther the birthdates because those are not JUST for Regionals at Levels 9 and 10. Easterns/Westerns and Nationals is where those age cut offs are set ... so all regions have the same age group as "JrA" so competing at JrA, you aren't competing against girls who, in your region would have been JrC - it also helps when another region has to fill a position for another region.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back