MAG Start Values?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

Pigeon

Proud Parent
@skschlag 's posting of start values from the Meet Day thread got me thinking...Do start values change from level to level? Is a start value of a level 8 routine equivalent to a start value in a level 9 or 10 routine or are there differences?

Level 8 has some special requirements, etc that L9 and 10 do not have. This affects the L8 start values.

HOwever, L9 and 10 are the same :) There are just some different requirements to get things like stick bonus (Higher level dismount needed).

How do you know SV for the guys? For the girls in JO and Xcel theoretically they are all aiming for a 10.0 and if they don't get that sv then the judges our up the cards saying what it was. For boys, do you just have a rough idea based in what their coach says? ( In my son's 5 years of competing he has gotten I think 3 score cards, and all of those were at travel meets.)

How do you know SV for the guys? For the girls in JO and Xcel theoretically they are all aiming for a 10.0 and if they don't get that sv then the judges our up the cards saying what it was. For boys, do you just have a rough idea based in what their coach says? ( In my son's 5 years of competing he has gotten I think 3 score cards, and all of those were at travel meets.)

It is the 10.0 execution score plus
.1 for every A skill
.2 for B skills
.3 for C skills (etc)

.5 for each element group filled (1-3)
Dismount is based on level so it can be .1/.3/.5 based on level and level of skill.
(up to 2.0)

Interesting! How does the stick bonus work?

(@2G1B - We just had our first optional meet, start values were written on the score card for 3 of the 6 events)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back