WAG Double pike trouble

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

Gym4657823

Hello, I have been having a really hard time doing a double pike on the floor. I’m not sure why because I’ve done all the drills, and I can do it very well off of the tumble track and air floor up to height. My layout sets are very high too. Right before I’m about to go for it my heart starts racing and my chest feels cold inside, then I feel like I’m going to faint. It’s a feeling I’ve never felt before. I just don’t understand why I’m scared because my coach is even spotting me too. I’ve never had this much trouble with a skill before. I really want to get over this intense fear, so I would really appreciate if someone could give me some tips. Thanks for reading, I hope you are having an awesome day! :)

Double pikes do rotate faster! And perhaps your fear is from knowing you don’t have control of the double pike because of its faster rotation. Double tucks are slower but you’ll learn to control them. Most gymnasts start with double tucks. That said, your coach would be in a better position to advice you.

Double pikes do rotate faster! And perhaps your fear is from knowing you don’t have control of the double pike because of its faster rotation. Double tucks are slower but you’ll learn to control them. Most gymnasts start with double tucks. That said, your coach would be in a better position to advice you.
Ok thanks for you’re help!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back