Parents Stinky pitts on meet leo

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

CuriousCate

Proud Parent
Oh friends, please help. We had to buy a used meet leotard for my daughter as she grew like 5" since we bought her original one last year. She just turned 10 and definitely sweats, but doesn't really have that tween/teen true body odor yet. So she wore the used leo for a meet this weekend and in the car ride to the meet, I couldn't shake an awful smell... same thing on the way home. Finally she mentioned that the leo stinks and boy-o-boy does it ever! I hand washed it before wearing with a gentle sports detergent (WIN) but had the flu and was wearing a mask at that time so did not notice the odor.

Since then, I've tried both baking soda paste and vinegar as well as a machine wash on gentle and it still stinks. I'm afraid to soak it as the tag specifically instructs NOT to. The sleeves are mesh, if that makes a difference.

Any other thoughts you all can offer? I'm about to resort to some Febreeze!

SAME Problem here. Just discovered Defunkify. Stuff is AMAZING.

ooh! Thanks! Which type did you use? the spray or the detergent? Did you get it on Amazon? She leaves for a travel meet on Thursday morning with my husband, so I am hoping to get something asap.

Hex detergent is designed to remove odors from synthetic fabrics and is available in-store at Target. I haven’t tried it on a competition leo, though.

It seems to have worked for us with one pit being 100% improved and the other about 85%, but I think a lot of the stank was already gone from the baking soda paste and vinegar. I think the vodka will be more effective as a preventative measure so I plan to keep my little spray bottle of Tito's - it might help me on travel meets with more than armpit odor ;). I also bought Defunkify detergent, so I'll report back on that! Seriously, y'all. The smell was THAT bad that I did all of the above!

Use Lume to prevent odor anywhere. Its sold in a tube and as a deodorant shape and claims to paralyze bacteria so it can’t create gas. I don’t sell it, I tried it offa a Facebook ad but I am shocked that it keeps me from stinking after chasing 3 kids in the Texas heat. My friend is using it on her teenagers feet and she’s amazed too.

Just an update that Defunkify powder detergent (blue bag) is my new favorite thing. My entire family has some serious sweaty workout stuff and it does an amazing job. Nothing stinks anymore. I'm truly amazed.

I bought the defunkify spray to use on my laundry. It works great!

I've done this for odor that did not come out in the wash - at all. Simply dampen the armpit area with water and sprinkle generously with the meat tenderizer. My husband couldn't figure out why the meat tenderizer was upstairs and kept bringing it down.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back